A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking into replacing blower motor.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking into replacing blower motor.

So about a month ago my blower motor started intermittently working. Sometimes I got in the car and it would work fine for 15 min of the drive and that go out and not come back on for the rest of the day. Did that for a week or 2 and then it just stopped working completely however still keep it "on" to keep vents open to get some engine heat coming through. Sometimes I can even hearing it making noises like clicking like it's trying to run but doesn't. ANYWAYS has anyone done this swap? Is it a difficult swap? Took plastic coverings off and the cabin air box and filter and I see 2 small torx screws on one side and one on the driver side but don't know where to go from there. Still have to order the part just looking for some insight or if I should just let the local Indy do it if it's a pain. Thanks in advance!
-'05 A8L 4.2l
Old 03-21-2017, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by mrandrewjames
So about a month ago my blower motor started intermittently working. Sometimes I got in the car and it would work fine for 15 min of the drive and that go out and not come back on for the rest of the day. Did that for a week or 2 and then it just stopped working completely however still keep it "on" to keep vents open to get some engine heat coming through. Sometimes I can even hearing it making noises like clicking like it's trying to run but doesn't. ANYWAYS has anyone done this swap? Is it a difficult swap? Took plastic coverings off and the cabin air box and filter and I see 2 small torx screws on one side and one on the driver side but don't know where to go from there. Still have to order the part just looking for some insight or if I should just let the local Indy do it if it's a pain. Thanks in advance!
-'05 A8L 4.2l
Numerous posts and threads on here regarding this. Mine even has some photos. If your mechanically inclined and have good tools, you can do it yourself.

As I mentioned to you months ago regarding another issue you were having, just search for it; As described in the sticky at the top of the D3 thread. To that you rudely replied to me
Which then I added you to my "s-hit" list.

I'm giving you another chance here.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mister Bally
Numerous posts and threads on here regarding this. Mine even has some photos. If your mechanically inclined and have good tools, you can do it yourself.

As I mentioned to you months ago regarding another issue you were having, just search for it; As described in the sticky at the top of the D3 thread. To that you rudely replied to me

Everytime I search on here it pulls from all the forums and all Audi models which is very inconvenient
Old 03-21-2017, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Use Google then. You can narrow down those searches to just this site, and although it still gets you several subforums, it does a better job putting the most relevant ones to your search at the top.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Bally

I agree with Mister Bally, a relative easy to do replacement, replaced one in my '04 a few months back. Check the forum out for writeups, also the repair manual is an important 1st tool to have when starting almost anything on these cars. Easy enough to follow steps in the service manual.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

-'05 A8L 4.2l
Not sure how you are going about searching on the forum, but if you are on the D3 forum, at the top of the list of posts, look for the page numbers you can navigate to, just below that there is a drop down to "search this forum". Hope that helps some.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 03_AR_CO
I agree with Mister Bally, a relative easy to do replacement, replaced one in my '04 a few months back. Check the forum out for writeups, also the repair manual is an important 1st tool to have when starting almost anything on these cars. Easy enough to follow steps in the service manual.
What repair manual do you recommend? Was looking into mitchell1 online service manual looks like a solid one but I'm not sure?
Old 03-22-2017, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

Everytime I search on here it pulls from all the forums and all Audi models which is very inconvenient
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...ement-2847341/
Old 03-23-2017, 01:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

What repair manual do you recommend? Was looking into mitchell1 online service manual looks like a solid one but I'm not sure?
This one is a good one, others can chime in for other resources:

Audi A8, A8L, S8: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 Repair Manual on DVD-ROM - Bentley Publishers - Repair Manuals and Automotive Books

I use this as well as an online pdf download resource like Elsawin