Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Wanted- unable to buy- mud flaps for 2016 Q5 s-line

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Wanted- unable to buy- mud flaps for 2016 Q5 s-line

Hello:

I bought a set off ebay. they did not fit my 2016 3L TFSI s-line
I went to the dealer " sorry no mud flaps for sline , only base models"

does any know if mud flaps exist for the sline ?
if not, why not?
Old 03-24-2017, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

There are no mud flaps that directly fit the S line. However, there are a few people on here that modified the eBay ones to make it fit.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts

Is this because of a bumper cover difference in its actual shape in area behind rear wheel? Or is it really only because of the extra trim fender edge trim strip better equipped ones have on both front and rear fender areas that are applied by stick on tape to bumper cover? If the latter seems like you would just need to remove those first. In the 2013 era we own, I think of those extra strips as associated with the Prestige (and maybe Premium?) trim level, but could have migrated to S line as an overlap.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's the first. I believe the mud flaps don't match up to the curvature and attachment points of the S line trim. The extra trim comes on the Q5s with 20s, but it's not related to that, although that would also cause an issue.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

yes, the mud flaps don't match up to the curvature and attachment points of the S line trim. the front ones are close, the rear ones dont match at all
Old 03-26-2017, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedooooo
It's the first. I believe the mud flaps don't match up to the curvature and attachment points of the S line trim. The extra trim comes on the Q5s with 20s, but it's not related to that, although that would also cause an issue.
Does that extra piece of trim also come on the Q5's with 21s?
Old 03-26-2017, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes it does.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedooooo
Yes it does.
Thanks
Old 03-28-2017, 12:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I tried to make a set of stock flaps work but it really doesn't... you end up destroying the structure of the rear flaps when you make cuts... and then it leaves gaps where muck and salt can gather anyway. Not a great situation. I am still looking for some kind of solution as my car is pretty beat up in the rockers due to the way Oregon puts pumice on the roads...
Old 03-29-2017, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I have solved this to my satisfaction

Originally Posted by tbennett017
Yes, I tried to make a set of stock flaps work but it really doesn't... you end up destroying the structure of the rear flaps when you make cuts... and then it leaves gaps where muck and salt can gather anyway. Not a great situation. I am still looking for some kind of solution as my car is pretty beat up in the rockers due to the way Oregon puts pumice on the roads...
Tried all the same routes with the same less than satisfactory results. I ended up putting on the fender extenders front and rear. They work surprisingly well.

I then went to Canadian Tire and bought a set of FLAT black mud flaps for about 8 bucks that I could cut and mount flap inside the wheel well using the existing mounting holes plus one screw into the wheel well liner. Trimmed properly they match the arch and line up with the wheel arch extenders. Just make a little paper cutout of the shape you want, cut with shears and screw mount them on. Don't even need to remove a wheel.

Have lasted well this winter and some really wicked ice storms! Just don't make them too long and they are stiff enough to do the job!

Laying them flat on the inside of the wheel well means that you have no worry about the sline rocker panel shape.

8 bucks is a steal. If I need to change in a couple of years super easy to do.

Pissed off with Audi that they don't make a moulded set but am happy with my own little setup as it works but does not look like **** or ruin the lines of the car. YMMV

CHEERS

Last edited by Jcampbell3; 03-29-2017 at 05:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Wanted- unable to buy- mud flaps for 2016 Q5 s-line