A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Water Getting Into Trunk

Old 03-30-2017, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Water Getting Into Trunk

I know there isn't a lot of people here that takes their car through a car wash but is anyone experiencing an usual amount of water getting into the trunk after washing their car? Not puddles but a decent amount to cause concern. Thankfully I have the rubber trunk liner which makes it easy to wipe off. I've had my car since October and haven't noticed this much before. The car wash I take it to just redesigned their whole drive through so it could be that and somehow it's just sneaking in? I open the trunk after washing it to get my towels out to dry off the remaining amount that the blowers don't get off.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Strife1013
I know there isn't a lot of people here that takes their car through a car wash but is anyone experiencing an usual amount of water getting into the trunk after washing their car? Not puddles but a decent amount to cause concern. Thankfully I have the rubber trunk liner which makes it easy to wipe off. I've had my car since October and haven't noticed this much before. The car wash I take it to just redesigned their whole drive through so it could be that and somehow it's just sneaking in? I open the trunk after washing it to get my towels out to dry off the remaining amount that the blowers don't get off.
I go couple times a wk and havent noticed any leaks,
I know cause I open the trunk when Im wiping it down!
have it looked at should be dry regardless of a car wash or not!
Old 03-30-2017, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I've gone through many, many car washes over the years and never has water gotten into the trunk. I would bring this to my dealer's attention. The same can happen when you are in a rainstorm. Something's wrong and could be as simple as replacing the rubber weatherstripping.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

What a coincidence to bring this up... So last week I hosed mine down of salt while I also hosed down the undercarriage. Then I was like... Hm... let me see if there are any bad seals on the car. So I took the full jet of the house all around the trunk openings and the nothing. Obv didn't get too harsh on it, but still, enough I'd say that I would have seen something. Wife said I was an idi*t.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Nope. I've been through the car wash around 4 times before and now, wash it at home. Never had water leak into the trunk.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Adding pictures. Made an appointment for this weekend to fix whatever issue it is and while I'm at it have them find that damn rattle in the passenger door that's been bugging me.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Adding pictures. Made an appointment for this weekend to fix whatever issue it is and while I'm at it have them find that damn rattle in the passenger door that's been bugging me.

Whoa.I'm betting its s a bad rubber seal around the trunk, but the dealer will know for sure. I'd check under the trunk liner to make sure the water did not touch the "carpet."
Old 04-03-2017, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm just glad it's not getting into the speakers or something. I'm going to have them check that whole area and make sure there is no water damage. I wiped off all the water with a towel after going through the car wash. I'm not going through it again until after this is fixed. Thank God for warranties.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm just glad it's not getting into the speakers or something. I'm going to have them check that whole area and make sure there is no water damage. I wiped off all the water with a towel after going through the car wash. I'm not going through it again until after this is fixed. Thank God for warranties.
I would also be mindful if it rains in the meantime.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by bob m
I would also be mindful if it rains in the meantime.
For sure. It's been raining on and off here, suppose to snow tomorrow. It rained last week and I checked the truck when I got home and there was no water. So based on that it looks like it's just high pressure water getting into the trunk.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Water Getting Into Trunk