Advic e for owning an Audi in Mississippi

Old 05-03-2012, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advic e for owning an Audi in Mississippi

I am planning to buy a new S4 sometime this year, however I have some concerns. I live in a small town in MS that is 2.5 hours from the nearest dealer. I am worried because:

1) With so few options for dealers I may not get good deal because there is no competition. Any advice for buying from remote dealerships (ATL?, Houston?)?

2) Audi is ranked very low on reliability. I suspect I will need warranty work done, and I dead having to drive 2.5H on a weekday to get service. Any other options? Advice?
Old 05-15-2012, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Can't help you on #1, guess you'll have to shop around. In my experience the "reliability issue" isn't. Of course a 5 hour RT drive for a minor issue is no fun (well, that depends on the road doesn't it?), but generally speaking reliability between the better brands is within a pretty narrow band. You'll have a blast with an S5!
Old 05-15-2012, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

How far are you from Baton Rouge, we get some southern Ms visiters
Old 05-22-2012, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the feedback. I am in North MS, so pretty far from Baton Rouge. I am ~3H from Memphis and Jackson.

That being said, I go to New Orleans regularly, and definitely wouldn't mind driving to Baton Rouge for a good deal. I was actually considering shopping around even further, I have family all over the place.

What are the gotcha's for buying from a remote dealer or an out-of-state dealer? Do other dealers complain about supporting/servicing cars they didn't sell?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

No we don't care where ya got the car
Old 10-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Buy it in Huntsville, Alabama

Originally Posted by ryan_qttro
No we don't care where ya got the car

I've gotten 5 new Audis from these guys. Don't forget to ask them for a free Audi Club membership.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The Jackson dealership changed ownership in October. I just placed an order for a Q5 there after getting a reasonably good deal for a high demand Q5 3.0T. They have had a reputation for not giving good deals. It can't hurt to ask. You may get a better deal in a larger market, but I personally prefer to buy from where I will have this specialty car maintained. I realize in many rural areas of the state, all you have close is Ford or GM. All I can say is that if you want it bad enough, you will drive to buy.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mississippi Birdman
The Jackson dealership changed ownership in October. I just placed an order for a Q5 there after getting a reasonably good deal for a high demand Q5 3.0T. They have had a reputation for not giving good deals. It can't hurt to ask. You may get a better deal in a larger market, but I personally prefer to buy from where I will have this specialty car maintained. I realize in many rural areas of the state, all you have close is Ford or GM. All I can say is that if you want it bad enough, you will drive to buy.
Birmingham is not that far. I've been told, they are giving good deals. Think they are on the web.