Suspension Tuning Discussion Discussion forum for general topics regarding suspension tuning

Air Lift vs Arnott Gen II on Allroad

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 12:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Lift vs Arnott Gen II on Allroad

Well it may be that time...

My 2005 2.7T Allroad's stock air suspension goes flat by morning and while on the highway. (ie when left in L1. L2 or higher it retains level)

What about Air Lift Performance?

Is it more of a fun circus trick where reliability headaches are the norm a couple of years after purchase? Or is it a viable and reliable option for me -- a 40-something enthusiast with very little time and not much in the way of grease monkey skills.

Considered doing Arnott "Gen II" for years but know they had to shift gears repeatedly on their product - no longer offering a complete upgrade.

Is it time to sell my AR?

Thanks for the help!

URL for Air Lift kit for A6/Allroad (C5) below:

https://www.airliftperformance.com/vehicle/audi-a6-1997-2004/
Old 05-18-2015, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The quote is definitely false...

"Audi AllRoad Quattro 1999-2005 (All models without factory air suspension)"

It is stupid since all ARs are mounted with air suspension.
Allroad has not too much to do with the simple A6. It has a different chassis (different ET number at wheels, much larger and much broader wheel arches, different axles, etc) Therefore, the A6 normal or and the A6 air suspension would result in an extremely low level when mounted under an Allroad.
Search for LIMAK.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by robpenn
Well it may be that time...

Considered doing Arnott "Gen II" for years but know they had to shift gears repeatedly on their product - no longer offering a complete upgrade.
Not sure what you mean by Arnott is no longer offering a complete kit. You can buy the standard shocks as a kit or piece together the Gen II. I went with the standard rears (one was leaking) as I was told the Gen II would result in a somewhat stiffer ride (which would make my wife unhappy). So far so good after a year.

https://www.arnottindustries.com/par...17_pid124.html

Arnott often has a sale or call and tell them you are an AudiWorld member (they are one of our vendor sponsors); they may offer you a discount.
BTW, I priced OEM at the dealer and was shocked (no pun intended) at the cost difference, about 3x more.

Last edited by snagitseven; 05-18-2015 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Not sure what you mean...
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

It's true; Arnott offers replacements. Sounds like yours has been just right.

Arnott abandoned their 'Gen II + Bilstein' combo and don't even offer rear shock replacements, so my hope for a performance oriented setup evaporated. That's when Air Lift Perf' occurred to me as an option.

But it's an AR - not a Porsche - so maybe I'll just piece what Arnott has together and be on my way. There's plenty of DIY instruction for them here too.

Thank you!