Suspension Tuning Discussion Discussion forum for general topics regarding suspension tuning

Audi Q7 air suspension problem

Old 05-10-2014, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Q7 air suspension problem

I bought a Audi q7 a few months ago bought a 3.0 Quattro with air suspension model with black leathers and Nav ect

Any way I thought one day to replace my upper suspension arms the ball joints were no good

Put my car in jack mode lifted it up took the wheels off , loosened the air suspension pipe carefully let the air slowly release from the bags , then removed the suspension and steering components got the bag free in the process the (culprit in my case) electronic level sensor was removed .
This clever little gadget has a bracket which sits on the upper arms one on each side close to the rear side
in my case been incorrectly fitted on the replacement end
The bracket located on a lug
Rectified that and the air suspension came back down to normal hight
Then got the snap on Solus pro out and calibrated the all four air suspension, measuring the approx hight from centre of wheel to the arch
Starting at the n/strong wheel and working my way around front first the rear in my case oh got the front at 470mm and rears at 450

Then changed the measurement using the scanner to front 449mm
And rear to 465 mm with the car running on idle on a flat surface on my four poster in my case and then let the calibration complete and jobs done

Hope this thread help