Suspension Tuning Discussion Discussion forum for general topics regarding suspension tuning

Converting Allroad To a MANUAL air suspension???

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting Allroad To a MANUAL air suspension???

Hi all,
I am "seasoned" Allroad owner and have dealt with the air suspension problems for years....I finally broke down a couple of years ago and sprung for the coil over conversion kit on my personal car and it was the BEST thing I ever did.
NOW, onto my ex-wife's car which is a '03 Allroad. Since I am the family mechanic, I get elected to fix everyone's cars....I have been trying to piece together her car for years now....because she doesn't have a lot of money to put into it (like the rest of us). Now the air compressor has died AGAIN (she had someone else replace it a couple of years ago). I am trying to convince her to spend the money on a conversion....but she can't come up with it yet....
SO, here is my questions....has anyone ever tried to make the air suspension a MANUAL system? I was thinking about connecting the two rear bags together with two lines and a schrader valve and doing the same on the front. It wouldn't be an ideal setup, but at least we could air up the bags and get it somewhat level so she can drive to work etc. and then just keep an eye on the pressures etc each week.
Has anyone tried this? Any thoughts??? Thanks for your help.
Rob
Old 01-06-2015, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really? No input?? Well I ordered all of the fittings I think i'll need from McMaster and we'll see how things go this weekend.....fingers crossed.