Suspension Tuning Discussion Discussion forum for general topics regarding suspension tuning

Question about Stasis Suspension on A4/B7

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Stasis Suspension on A4/B7

New forum member here - but not a newcomer to automotive forums.

Looking for comments about my possible next car......

I found an unusual A4/B7 model that I have only been able to look at, not drive: a 2007 Avant Quattro with a dealer-installed Stasis suspension, 2.0 turbo and 6-speed manual transmission. It's very clean, dark blue with black interior. 123K miles. It's a local car, well maintained and with good service records. It has both winter and summer tires and wheels; the wheels on it are Ronal and I believe are 19's. It has upgraded Alcon calipers and rotors. They want $14,725 which looks like a pretty high premium for a car with 123K, but the style of car suits me.

I've checked the Carfax and found that the last 73K miles were put on in the past 4 years, which means much of the mileage above 50K is highway driving.

I'm a repeat Audi and BMW owner with an '83 280ZX Turbo in the garage at the moment. The Audi can't be driven until January 5 because it's at a small used car place that also works on German cars, and the owner is out of country until January 5.

Unfortunately then, I need to wait until January 5 before I can drive it - the good news is that no one can buy it during that period either.

Any comments about this vehicle, especially the Stasis suspension? I do NOT need a car that rides like a brick - the vehicle needs to be suitable for 500 mile trips as well as around town driving. I love the manual tranny, Quattro and I enjoy spirited driving; I also don't mind a firm ride, but I'm over 60 and don't need to be beaten up by a rock-hard suspension. The Avant would be a nice choice for me size-wise, too. It appears that the current Stasis B7 suspension is a coil-over design and it may provide some adjustment.

Comments and reports on the vehicle, price and suspension are very welcome! Thanks...