TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

01276 - ABS Hydraulic Pump: Signal Outside Tolerance

Old 12-21-2011, 06:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 01276 - ABS Hydraulic Pump: Signal Outside Tolerance

Getting the 01276 - ABS Hydraulic Pump: Signal Outside Tolerance code.

I tried reseating the fuses above the battery, reseated the the connectors on the ABS module and still have the code. It does not clear either and come back later, it just stays. I also pulled the connector off that is behind the ABS fuses (fuses feed power through that connector) and checked it. The voltage is getting to it just fine with no drops through the fuses. Everything looks good too, nothing is melted or corroded or odd looking in any way.

This ABS light was intermittent for a long time which made me think wheel sensor or wire was intermittent, but now that it is solid I decided it's time to fix it and this is the only code I pull. I also had my cluster rebuilt which had many issues, but this is not one it took care of. I thought there may be a chance that the ABS light was not a real ABS problem and just a cluster issue, but it's not.

So, it looks like there is a real problem with the ABS module or Pump??

Can it be the pump or should I just get the module rebuilt, or should I buy a used pump and module and replace it all? Or..do I need to fork out the dough for an all new setup (if so, where do I get one for a good price?) I would rather not break all the lines and have to rebleed the system, but if that's what it takes I can.

I also don't want to fix this again soon, so I want it done right.

What is the best course of action to fix this now? I hate to get the module rebuilt and then find out the hydraulic pump part is bad or something. There are also lots of used ones on eBay, but who knows how long those would last?

I am also good with electronics (been a technician and engineer for over 15 years). I have a full bench with all the repair equipment for electronics. So, does anyone know if it is just a solder issue on these or do these have components that go out? Fixing it myself is an option, but I don't really want to mess with it, if it needs parts I would have to source.

In summary...I don't know if it is the pump or the module, or both (could also be another wiring issue I did not look for?), looking for some direction and also sources to get the parts I need..

Thanks
Old 11-15-2016, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jevs
Getting the 01276 - ABS Hydraulic Pump: Signal Outside Tolerance code.

I tried reseating the fuses above the battery, reseated the the connectors on the ABS module and still have the code. It does not clear either and come back later, it just stays. I also pulled the connector off that is behind the ABS fuses (fuses feed power through that connector) and checked it. The voltage is getting to it just fine with no drops through the fuses. Everything looks good too, nothing is melted or corroded or odd looking in any way.

This ABS light was intermittent for a long time which made me think wheel sensor or wire was intermittent, but now that it is solid I decided it's time to fix it and this is the only code I pull. I also had my cluster rebuilt which had many issues, but this is not one it took care of. I thought there may be a chance that the ABS light was not a real ABS problem and just a cluster issue, but it's not.

So, it looks like there is a real problem with the ABS module or Pump??

Can it be the pump or should I just get the module rebuilt, or should I buy a used pump and module and replace it all? Or..do I need to fork out the dough for an all new setup (if so, where do I get one for a good price?) I would rather not break all the lines and have to rebleed the system, but if that's what it takes I can.

I also don't want to fix this again soon, so I want it done right.

What is the best course of action to fix this now? I hate to get the module rebuilt and then find out the hydraulic pump part is bad or something. There are also lots of used ones on eBay, but who knows how long those would last?

I am also good with electronics (been a technician and engineer for over 15 years). I have a full bench with all the repair equipment for electronics. So, does anyone know if it is just a solder issue on these or do these have components that go out? Fixing it myself is an option, but I don't really want to mess with it, if it needs parts I would have to source.

In summary...I don't know if it is the pump or the module, or both (could also be another wiring issue I did not look for?), looking for some direction and also sources to get the parts I need..

Thanks
Did you fix the problem ? what was it ?

I have a similar problem