TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

To Body kit or not to body kit? Or just S5?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 06:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default To Body kit or not to body kit? Or just S5?

I have been on the fence about doing a body kit on my mk1. I love driving the car - but I have been a bit jealous of my wife's 2016 A6.

The TT is a great car - especially if its been maintained. I added K&N boxless air filter kit and love the sound of the turbo.... did the timing belt, pulleys, and water pump after reading on this forum (many thanks). Doing Haldex today.

But the front nose seems to need updating... has anyone ever used the Maxton design kit? I see it all over when you look for body kits. ECS even sells it for reasonable price.

FRONT BUMPER < R8 LOOK > AUDI TT - TT 8N - AUDI - BODY KITS - MaxtonDesign.co.uk - ONLINE STORE

Will i regret making these changes.... been on the fence about buying an Audi S5 as potential replacement to Audi TT in a few years... but I could do some mods to the TT and skip the S5 for a few more years.

I know every mod I do to the car is probably lost $ - unless I can get someone to pay above Bluebook.

Son is going to college in 2 years - and my guess is my hobby money will be in his college fund at that point.

Would appreciate thoughts from you guys.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you like that bumper and think you would hold off on the s5 for a little while after purchase then I would say do it, I don't car for the body kit I think stock still looks really good. As far as selling it I've never sold any of my cars for at or under blue book, I always get more I don't care what blue book is I know my cars are well maintained and usually have recent major repairs done which ups the value to me
Old 03-28-2017, 07:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks for your thoughts

Thanks for your thoughts - I think I will create a folder of all the repairs I have done - to help when I ever sell it. Just finished the Haldex change this weekend- way easier than I thought it would be.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah that's a good idea I always stand around trying to think of everything of done when they ask, only bad part about doing all the work is people usually ask for receipts so I usually keep part receipts and take some pictures of the work especially if it's something major like a clutch
Old 03-30-2017, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Personally I feel they are near perfect just as Freeman Thomas designed them. It is your car though and you should please yourself.

Last edited by J. Patterson; 03-31-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I love the OE design of the TT and was on the fence for six months after I got it if I wanted to change the body. I considered the one you're looking at but thought it was too busy and ended up going with the Regula Tuning from Germany full kit.