Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi TT / TT-S / TT-RS > TT (Mk1) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #1
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 134979

Default Broken Window Motor/Regulator. Window stuck down. Temporary Fix>>

First of all, thanks to OldschoolAG and DumpTTruck for giving me input and ideas to my problem. I appreciate your input.

OldschoolAG suggested as a temporary fix to manually pull my window closed (so I could at least drive the car while I wait for parts in the mail) by unscrewing the window motor out, pulling it away from the reguluator/reel mechanism, pulling the window up by hand, and then putting the motor back it.

That probably would work just fine, but I ended up taking the metal armature housing cover off the window motor and hand-wound the armature until the window was fully closed. I then pulled the window motor harness plug out for the time being, so that there was no chance it would suddenly open if I opened the door. This is until I get the new parts in and do the repair.

It worked great - now my window is closed so I can drive it.

w00t
heinzboy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 93986

Default Shouldn't have to do this on a so-called "quality luxury brand" car....

Believe me, Lexus forums almost never have to deal with this sort of thing. C'mon Audi, shape up!
gomezTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
audi, automatic, broke, broken, car, cover, fix, forum, motor, regulator, repair, stuck, temo, temporary, tt, window