TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Random starting/cutting out

Old 07-21-2014, 12:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random starting/cutting out

Hello all,

Now i am very limited with knowledge so fire questions over and i will try my best.

I have a Clifford G5 alarm fitted to my car so not sure if this is causing the issue.

last whilst driving to work, driving over a speedbump my car seemed to lose all power, kinda of like i stalled so i pulled over and started the engine which was fine, thought nothing of it and carried on. Later on in the day i was driving back from a trip down town, decided to reverse into my works space, as i was reversing, again the car cut out like i had stalled, but this time would not start up again. I left it and went back to it when i was driving home, it randomly cut out on me in the middle of driving! again wouldnt start.

I had a mate come out who left the key turned, as if the car was trying to start, after 30 seconds it fired up and was fine all evening. This morning i drove to work, no issues whatsoever, At break time i went to fire her up again and it took 10 seconds to fire up and had EPC on my dashboard. Now i was told this was related to my Clifford? is this lies?

This morning, driving to work, started perfect, drove perfect, 5 miles later at a roundabout the car just cut out again showing the 'red battery' light. Luckily the car started up after around 10 seconds and carried on, however 'EPC' was lit up on the dash.

Starting to bug me a little now - I am hoping its a simple fix, rather than expensive!

Look forward to your responces and thanks in advance.

Scott
Old 07-24-2014, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would disconnect the alarm and see if it does it again. you wouldn't want the alarm to short out something