When you put the DSG lever on "Park", the trunk release button (on the right) is much harder to reach than the fuel flap one.
Annoying, when I use the trunk button ten times more than the fuel one. So I swapped them. I know it sounds like a silly mod, but it needed to be done, IMHO.
Plus I have the feeling it added 10 HP and 20 N/m....
"Truth In 24" airs nationally on ESPN Friday March 20 8:00 EST
blueflame ~ press ~
Freikorps - Right wing armed bands that roamed the streets of Germany in the 20's, forming the roots of the SA and AWOT
...only TT with ABT
Did not take pics, thought the mod would raise sarcasm not interest :-)
Each button is made of two parts. The "mechanical" and the electrical. Both are clipped and held independently, so you do not end up with 20 different plastic bits.
1) lift up the buttons holder, it is only clipped on the console.
2) Unplug the three connectors. They are all different, so you cannot plug it back the wrong way.
3) First take away the contact mechanism on one button. Gently pry it open with a small flat screwdriver. There is no need to squeeze its four retaining tabs, just a moderate leverage would do the job. Should the electrical contact jump out, not problem since there is only one way to put it back. Repeat for the other button
You now have a button still fitted to the buttons holder, without its electrical parts.
4) The button itself comes out on the other side (upwards if the buttons where still on the center console). Press both its retaining clips on its sides with two flat screwdrivers, then gently push the white rod that comes out, the button will slide out of its cage. Do not loose the spring. Wash, rinse, repeat for the other button.
5) Swap buttons and their respective electrical bits, remember the connectors are different.
Now concentrate and be careful not to put back the same button at the same location. Sounds silly ? I did it, doooh.