TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Headlight beam control module location?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 11:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight beam control module location?

Yes, I've searched the forum and specific info on this module is hard to find.

As to why I want to find it my mechanic as one other have data that tells them its a potential answer to tt vehicles that have a communications error when trying to connect to the port with a scan tool. Mines had no communications with 3 or 4 different scan tools.

My question is can someone tell me exactly where it is? I have a 2001 tt roadster convertible. I think its behind the passenger seat but I don't see a clear way to get to it. I'd like to dig in there a bit and have it accessible to save some $ on my appointment at the stealership in a few days. A picture, description, or like to a diy would be great. Please help thanks!
Old 10-02-2015, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

maybe some help here, google can be your friend:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-...-unit-2845717/
Old 10-02-2015, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

here's another one:

The Audi TT Forum :: View topic - Fixing Problems with Headlamp Range Control
Old 10-04-2015, 02:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks Ar Co. Saw both of those threads. Let me revise my question. Does anyone know the best way to access the beam control module on a convertible? Can you get it out via the small hatches in the convertible well behind the windscreen or do you have to get to it by taking all the panels off from behind the seats? Thanks!
Old 10-05-2015, 03:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

wow, I got around to checking the drop down lid in the convertible area and found that the silver box/module that I think is supposed to be there is gone! Just the connector is hanging there. The thread below shows a picture.

Can anyone confirm that's the beam module and does anyone have one for sale?
Old 10-21-2015, 07:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Evidently the beam control module is not beside the ccm, but located below near a fuel pump lid. Anyone know what the silver module is beside the ccm? See picture from other cars. Mine just has the harness sitting there.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Creepy Night Experience; Hi Beams go out while moving

I am concerned about the safety of my 2001 Audi TT Quattro after two experiences with my Hi Beams going out. First time, about six months ago, was driving west on PA Turnpike and Hi Beams suddenly went off. I pulled off and shut off motor. Restarted and had to drive reminder of trip at reduced speed and with low beams only. Fast focus to this past weekend, when an evening return from around the Lancaster airport went dark again. Restarted but could get not light on hi beams and would have to restart to get to low beams. Also got strange image, like an 8 with an X over it, when things went dark.

Any idea what is going on?

Rufus
Old 09-07-2016, 06:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey Rufus01 sorry about your issue. I'd start a new thread and ask the same question as this ones older and a little off topic.

It sounds like your issue isn't electrical at each headlight if they both go out at the same time, and you still have low beam but I could be mistaken. I would say it could be in the headlight switch itself or more likely in the headlight beam module. Do you have a convertible? Maybe a little moisture got in there. You should have a code if you got the dash light. Scan it and tell us what the code is if any.....
Old 09-07-2016, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Light Bulb Module Location

Hey DufussMan:

Thanks so much for that observation. I will try that. Yes, its a convertible. Where is that light-bulb module located?
Old 09-07-2016, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

OK, see the discussion above that relates to location issue. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Headlight beam control module location?