I have a 2000 1.8 TT that just does not want to run properly.
I am getting pretty consistent misfire and a severe loss of power. The misfire is worse when the ac is running.
Here's what I've done:
- Replaced all plugs and coils
- Replaced fuel filter and fuel line
- New Catalytic Converter
- New O2 Sensors
- Cleaned MAF
- Replaced Coolant temp sensor
- Replaced Air intake temp sensor
- New Air Filter
- New Thermostat
- New Coolant
- Run Several Fuel System Cleaners through gas
- Tried premium gas from several different stations
- Checked for vaccum leaks by blowing smoke in lines and spraying hoses with carb cleaner
That's about as much as I can remember at the moment...
Long story short, it runs horribly. The car was way down on oil and I topped it off...oddly enough after I did this it seemed to run much better...for about 15 minutes and then misfire...sluggish. Right back to it's old self.
Also, we check compression. All cylinders are around 200-205. Their is a hose that is leaking some coolant on the drivers side of the engine out of the block area, under where the coolant temp sensor is.
Here are the things I am considering trying:
- New EGR valve
- New MAF
- New Timing Belt
- New Alternator and or Battery
The car isn't throwing any codes other than the occasional misfire code. Even though I was down more than a quart of oil it never showed the oil light.
Anyway...I am pretty much running out of ideas.
Why the worse misfire when the ac is on? Why did it run almost perfectly with some new oil? If anyone out their can help me they are superior to the dealership who were unable to help...so, any ideas?