Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi TT / TT-S / TT-RS > TT (Mk1) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 234582

Default OBD II Diagnostic Port Blowing Fuses

I have a CEL.on my 2001 TT 1.8T 225 Coupe and ironically (and perhaps related?) the diagnostic port has stopped working and is blowing its fuse. before I bring it to the dealership I thought I'd ask the experts here if they had seen this before.

I read on another forum that the black (vs the blue) colour connector is prone to the pins being pushed back into its housing. Is it possible that the lead that powers the port has shorted with one of the others?

The car is new to me, but has had no electronics mods.
eric_stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:58 AM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 178315

Default OBD II Diagnostic port

Did you have any luck with this problem, I'm getting a " unable to connect " when I attach a code reader to the plug . it looks like it might be the same problem. Also, does the code reader plug have a fuse in line with it ? I asked a dealer that question and they said that there was no fuse.
skylordd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 234582

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylordd View Post
Did you have any luck with this problem, I'm getting a " unable to connect " when I attach a code reader to the plug . it looks like it might be the same problem. Also, does the code reader plug have a fuse in line with it ? I asked a dealer that question and they said that there was no fuse.
The dealership wired a bypass to the diagnostic port instead of troubleshooting exactly where the break was as it was going to be very difficult to locate.. This saved a lot of $$ and it works absolutely ok now. They only charged an hour labour.
eric_stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 37725

Quote:

Make sure you don't have an aftermarket radio, many of the harnesses are wired incorrectly and connect 12 volt to the K-line which messes things up.

Check Ross-tech's site (aftermarket radio problem) for how to fix it.

The other two modules that will block a connection are the cluster and the ABS controller.
2003 A4Q 1.8T (sold)
1996 A4Q (sold)
AudiMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 178315

Mine has the factory radio .
skylordd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:47 AM   #6
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 37725

Quote:
Mine has the factory radio .
Unplug ABS and cluster, try it again.
2003 A4Q 1.8T (sold)
1996 A4Q (sold)
AudiMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1998, a4, a5, a6, audi, board, diagnostic, diagnostics, fuse, ii, obd, obd2, port, rs, system, tt