TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

P1297 issues I can't solve =(

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 11:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1297 issues I can't solve =(

So
2004 225

This all started with when in a 034motorsport breather kit for BEA and now I cant get this pressure drop code to stay away!
and once that happens the system goes lean and throw other codes... learn system issues P0171 and P0507 idle control system PRM

sooo here is what I have replaced.... Throttle body, check valves, DV and the suction pump... not cheap items still same problem. but runs better...

Had VW do a smoke test nothing they check some other items still didn't find any thing!

I Asked 034motorsports if they had seen this problem before and here is what they told me....

"it sounds like your car has some thing else going on with it. I recommend looking into a PRV "aka the hockey puck" these go bad over time
Samuel"

Do there 034 metal check valve in the breather system not work well with the BEA? Would a hockey puck fit this ???

Winter is coming and i'm just loosing hair over this

so any idea what it could be?? at this point its been 2 months and i have no more ideas besides taking it to audi and giving my money away

so please feel free to shoot ideas at me..

also here is the old post that got me no where =(

VWVortex.com - learn system issues P0171 oh JOY!!
Old 10-29-2015, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You have vag com? Or a scan tool that does live data? Look at the fuel trim or o2 control. Positive number is adding fuel to compensate for a lean condition. So clear codes, that will reset the fuel trim. It goes 27% add or subtract fuel, what ever its compensating for. Normal is +-8 or so. The engine light comes on at +-15.

So now that you know how that works, you can clamp off hoses, and see if clamping one of the breather hoses suddenly makes fuel trim return to normal. Also spray brake cleaner around suspect areas should make fuel trim change wildly if theres an air leak. That will at least try and point you somewhere.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Prospeeder
You have vag com? Or a scan tool that does live data? Look at the fuel trim or o2 control. Positive number is adding fuel to compensate for a lean condition. So clear codes, that will reset the fuel trim. It goes 27% add or subtract fuel, what ever its compensating for. Normal is +-8 or so. The engine light comes on at +-15.

So now that you know how that works, you can clamp off hoses, and see if clamping one of the breather hoses suddenly makes fuel trim return to normal. Also spray brake cleaner around suspect areas should make fuel trim change wildly if theres an air leak. That will at least try and point you somewhere.
i gave up went to auid with my data and was bad ecu =/