Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi TT / TT-S / TT-RS > TT (Mk1) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 07:05 AM   #1
New Member
Account #: 147000
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10
Default Reprogramming key fob after battery replacement

After I had my car battery replaced yesterday, my remote entry key no longer works. I understand that there are ways of reprogramming the key using the second key or the valet key. Unfortunately I lost my second key and did not receive a valet key. Am I out of luck? What is the best way to resolve this situation?

Thanks in advance.
jackal73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:07 AM   #2
New Member
Account #: 147000
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10
Default Re: Reprogramming key fob after battery replacement

Also, AAA replaced the battery in the car. Does anyone know if AAA will cover the expense associated with reprogramming the key?
jackal73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 112985
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 246
Default weird, I just replaced the battery in mine and did not have to reprogram anything.

typ44q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 105167
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,715
Default I had to reprogram mine and my batteries were fine. It's an Audi.

__________________

***** Coolit *****
BlueChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:34 AM   #5
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 103666
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 367
Default Re: I had to reprogram mine and my batteries were fine. It's an Audi.

1# you take one key put into ignition turn on.

2# close door, lock it with the key hole on driver side,with the key you want to program.

3#once it's lock take the key of the door out press the open button once or 2 or 3 or 4 times depending on which key is being reprogrammed(for the seats memory)you will see your side blink every time you press ,wait 6 secs press again once.take the other key in ignition out.

close the door and try locking with the reprogrammed key.

if you lost the program on other key it's just you didn't select the right memory,so set the right number for the right key
Ex:my wife is 1# in memory seat,mine is 2#.
so i had to press twice in 3# step.
newfinish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 232170
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1
Default

Guys this definately work. I had to replace the battery on my key fob and realised it wasn't woking and had to re-synchronise the key fob.

My other spare key fob that I didn't use for about a year because the battery in that died. When I installed fresh battries it also didn't work. I tried this procedure and now I have once again 2 working remote key fob.

Initially I thought I had to pay Audi to re-code my keys! If I did, it will cost me an arm and leg!

Thanks for your post 'newfinish'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfinish View Post
1# you take one key put into ignition turn on.

2# close door, lock it with the key hole on driver side,with the key you want to program.

3#once it's lock take the key of the door out press the open button once or 2 or 3 or 4 times depending on which key is being reprogrammed(for the seats memory)you will see your side blink every time you press ,wait 6 secs press again once.take the other key in ignition out.

close the door and try locking with the reprogrammed key.

if you lost the program on other key it's just you didn't select the right memory,so set the right number for the right key
Ex:my wife is 1# in memory seat,mine is 2#.
so i had to press twice in 3# step.
alvin ong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 234490
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1
Default Reprogramming fob with single key

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal73 View Post
After I had my car battery replaced yesterday, my remote entry key no longer works. I understand that there are ways of reprogramming the key using the second key or the valet key. Unfortunately I lost my second key and did not receive a valet key. Am I out of luck? What is the best way to resolve this situation?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, you can reprogram an fob with a single key...don't exactly know how...but read on:

I had researched the same thing after purchasing a new fob cover. The remote would not work and, as you can guess, I found out about the programming after the fact. I too only have a single key that came with the car when I bought it a week ago.

I ran across a post by a guy saying he had been working on his window with the door panel off and, while doing so, his remote started to work.

I went out to the car, put the key in the drivers side door, turned it like I was unlocking it, pushed the unlock/lock buttons ... (in what order I do not know...hence the "don't exactly know how")...and the lock clicked...the remote worked fine after that.

Good Luck...at least there is hope :-)
CoolBreeze42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #8
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 242328
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
Default Single-key reprogramming

There's a procedure in the manual for this, page 61. Well, it's not exactly reprogramming, it's more like re-Synchronizing. Due to the rolling code mechanism, if you press a button too many times while you're out of range, you lose sync with the vehicle. To reset this, they advise a 2-step procedure.

1. Press either LOCK or UNLOCK on the keyfob *one* time only.
2. Within 60 secs, use the key to manually lock or unlock the driver's door.

The keyfob should work again. (I've done it after my fob no longer worked after battery replacement, it works.)

On the multi-key programming procedure above, it DOES work, so thanks! Interesting note: the key that's *in the ignition* for that procedure does NOT need to have a valid immobilizer transponder chip; the car apparently doesn't check for that before allowing additional fobs to be registered. Also, the procedure worked even when *none* of my fobs were workable, even after trying the page 61 procedure spelled out above.

So, once again, Thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBreeze42 View Post
Yes, you can reprogram an fob with a single key...don't exactly know how...but read on:

I had researched the same thing after purchasing a new fob cover. The remote would not work and, as you can guess, I found out about the programming after the fact. I too only have a single key that came with the car when I bought it a week ago.

I ran across a post by a guy saying he had been working on his window with the door panel off and, while doing so, his remote started to work.

I went out to the car, put the key in the drivers side door, turned it like I was unlocking it, pushed the unlock/lock buttons ... (in what order I do not know...hence the "don't exactly know how")...and the lock clicked...the remote worked fine after that.

Good Luck...at least there is hope :-)
avrguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 177781
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 1,204
Send a message via Skype™ to vtraudt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfinish View Post
close the door and try locking with the reprogrammed key.
Door is still closed. Missing something?
Or is "unlock" instead close?
__________________
1998 Passat 1.8T manual; Kraftwerk Turbo TM2, 550cc Bosch EV14, FSI coils, 3" MAF, 3" DP, high flow manifold, S4 clutch, single mass FW, FMIC, custom TIP, Kraftwerk Tune

1999 Passat 1.8T manual; Kraftwerk Turbo TM3, 550cc Bosch EV14, FSI coils, 3" MAF, 3" DP, custom TIP, FMIC, Kraftwerk Tune

2002 Audi Allroad 2.7T quattro manual; Kraftwerk Turbo TM4, 750cc Bosch EV14, FSI coils, stg 5 clutch, FMIC

2002 A6 3.0 bad (auto), waiting for 2.7T to be swapped in

2000 A4 ATW manual, blown 1.8T, waiting for build block, AEB heads, big turbo, water/meth.

www.regulatorfix.com
www.kraftwerkturbo.com
vtraudt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:25 AM   #10
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 103666
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtraudt View Post
Door is still closed. Missing something?
Or is "unlock" instead close?
your doing this all the time outside the car so yes you have to open the door to get out the key you have in the ignition.to then close the door to try and lock it with the button on the key you had in your hands that needed programming.
newfinish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8




Paid Advertisement
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2000, 2003, 2006, a4, a6, allroad, audi, b5, battery, fob, fobs, key, replacememnt, replacement, reprogram


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Copyright 2014 AudiWorld.com Audi Enthusiast Community