TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Selling my 2001 TT 225 Coupe - Help With Pricing?

Old 02-13-2016, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling my 2001 TT 225 Coupe - Help With Pricing?

Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone is still around from back in the early 2000s, when I used to be pretty active here. My account seems to have been deleted somewhere along the line, so I created a new one with the same user name.

I'm the original owner of a 2001 Amulet Red Audi TT Coupe. Currently has about 59k miles on it. I have a new car on the way, and am reluctantly parting with my TT.

The car has been modified, with a chip, exhaust, DV, TTDA, Samco hose, DieselGeek short shifter, lightened crankshaft pulley, euro mirrors, and probably some other things I don't remember anymore. Also have two sets of tires - summer performance on the OEM rims, and performance winters on steel wheels.

Overall, the car is in decent shape for a 16 year old car. No major mechanical issues, and the interior is in pretty nice shape. However, the clearcoat has failed on the paint and is peeling up, especially on the roof and trunk lid.

Trying to figure out what to charge for it. KBB says it's worth about $4k. I looked at the classifieds on here, and people seem to be asking significantly more for similar cars. I'm located in the Boston area, if that makes a difference.

If anyone has bought or sold a similar TT recently, any advice appreciated. If you know anyone looking, send them my way. Would prefer to sell it to someone who will appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 02-14-2016, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Spend some cash on paint to make it easier to sell it's worth the investment
Old 02-14-2016, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by 02Silvertt
Spend some cash on paint to make it easier to sell it's worth the investment
I thought about that, but the quotes I got to repaint were for more than what the car is worth. That's one of tne of the reasons I decided to sell it in the 1st place. Don't want to do a Maaco special that will peel off again in 2 years for the new owner.

Thanks for the idea though.

-John
Old 02-14-2016, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

This used to be an option.....
Attached Images  
Old 02-14-2016, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Grue-- We-- many of the guys you remember from here years ago --- are over on the QuattroWorld forum. quattroworld.com Forums: TT Mk1 Long story, It is the old format that you remember. Don't sell the car till you have checked in there. Still lots of good advice. I've had mine for 15 years too. Couldn't have done that without everyone's combined knowledge.
It is worth more than $4000. ESPECIALLY with that low mileage. Mine is at 150000. It just gets occasional track duty and scenic drives now. I just bought an S5 to replace a Cayman S that I had for 3 years or I might buy yours myself!
Old 02-14-2016, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
Grue-- We-- many of the guys you remember from here years ago --- are over on the QuattroWorld forum. quattroworld.com Forums: TT Mk1 Long story, It is the old format that you remember. Don't sell the car till you have checked in there. Still lots of good advice. I've had mine for 15 years too. Couldn't have done that without everyone's combined knowledge.
It is worth more than $4000. ESPECIALLY with that low mileage. Mine is at 150000. It just gets occasional track duty and scenic drives now. I just bought an S5 to replace a Cayman S that I had for 3 years or I might buy yours myself!
Cool. I'l go create an account over there too.

I figured it would be worth more than that to the right buyer. Not sure why KBB has it listed so low.

I split mileage across 4 cars, and travel for work, so it spent many weeks driving to and sitting at the airport, hence the low mileage. If it wasn't for the paint thing I might have kept it, though I'm trying to clear out the garage a bit. Replacing the TT and my truck with a Macan. Still have a BMW M Roadster to screw around with when I feel the need.

Thanks

-John