Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi TT / TT-S / TT-RS > TT (Mk1) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 231747

Default Traction control and ABS light on

Hey guys I am new to the forum and really need some help. I am also new to the audi TT scene.I just bought a 225hp quattro a few months ago. After fixing the recent problems of the cluster and oil pump I had thought it was in good shape. but now the ABS and traction control light keep coming on. They come on after about 10 minutes of driving the car. If I turn off the car and then back on they go away but then come back on a few minutes after. I don't want to take it to the dealer because I just dont want to spend the money with them and I would really like to know whats wrong. thank you
mannyaudi01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:07 AM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 72274

Best thing to do is get a VAGCOM and start doing your self dianostics, if you're handy with a wrench, then you can fix it yourself

if you own a VAG product this can be one of the best tools to have!!!
http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCHUC.html

If you can't afford one right now then, see if a friendly forum memember can scan your car with their VACCOM to find out the issue.
markcorrado1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 29144

If any of the wheel speed sensors do not work, then you will get the ABS and Traction control light. A computer scan with VCDS or the like will point you in the right direction.

You may be able to get someone to help you out if you are in a hurry:
http://vagtoolfinder.com/locator.aspx
Old 03-01-2012, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2005, a4, a6, abs, audi, contoll, control, d2, fuse, light, lights, s4, s8, speed, traction, tt, vcds