TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT WONT START

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT WONT START

Good afternoon,

I am new to the form, I have an audi TT 3.2 with the auto box.

I recently tried to start may car but with no luck! it doesn't even try to turn over.

It wont turn over at all I tried the obvious things, check fuses / new battery.

The 'P' light flashes on the gear selector has anyone come across this before?

Thanks!!!

Jake.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Were you able to get it started? i'm having the same issues.

Thanks,
Old 12-22-2014, 12:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

hi,

After a €400 euro diagnostic at the audi garage, it turned out to be a fuse.
I and the towing company had checked and tested the usual ones on the battery terminal in the boot, next to the drivers position and under the faux battery cover under the bonnet. It must be hidden somewhere! (But didn't get a chance to ask the garage).
Best of luck!
Old 12-29-2014, 07:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the tip. other forums all pointed to the crank sensor. bought mine through DBC Tuning and off i went to rescue my TT. finally tackled my crank sensor on my mk1 TT 180 FWD. i had to remove my oil filter to get better access. i think the previous owner did not have the screw to hold the sensor in place. i just pulled the sensor out. now i have the new sensor in and need to get the 5mm bolt to secure it to the block. i was able to get the car started and it did get rid of a P0327 engine code i was trying to diagnose as a bad knock sensor. Just glad to be back on the road again. Thanks for your tips and other forums for spreading the knowledge. Sharing is Caring. lol
Old 01-22-2015, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jakereid
Good afternoon,

I am new to the form, I have an audi TT 3.2 with the auto box.

I recently tried to start may car but with no luck! it doesn't even try to turn over.

It wont turn over at all I tried the obvious things, check fuses / new battery.

The 'P' light flashes on the gear selector has anyone come across this before?

Thanks!!!

Jake.
The fuse you are looking for is in the small l shaped plastic box located on the firewall on the drivers side near the middle. There is a 20 amp fuse in there that will give you those exact symptoms.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi TT No Start!

So I decided to change over the coils and spark plugs on my 2001 Audi TT AWD 180hp. After performing the work I get in, turn the ignition and WTF..car cranks but will not start! Checked the radio fuse due to others saying if aftermarket radio installed something about K-line or ABS may interupt starting?? Anyway my fuses are fine but now battery is getting low due to trying to start the car(off to buy a battery). Purchased scanner at Autozone to see if I have fault codes and can you believe this SH-T! OBD scanner shows "No Link". Seriously guys all after attempting a Tuneup. Car ran perfect before then. All lights on dash come on, aftermarket radio works, Alarm arms and disarms, remote lock and unlock work as well. Checking relays under the small black cover near driver firewall I can hear something click when I crank. can it be something to due with gas not getting to the car? Please Help!
Old 03-02-2015, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Update: replaced fuse #10 which was blown, placed OEM coils back in with freash Boch spark plugs, turned ignition and my car fired up on first shot!

Less#1. dont buy ebay so called performance coils (sends wrong current to the system and blows out fuse #10.
Lesson#2. recheck all fuses just to make sure none are blown
Lesson#3. stick with OEM products!
Old 03-07-2015, 09:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Update to my No Start Saga...
So, after i replaced my crank sensor, started up the TT, drove it home (this was on a Friday) and parked it in the garage. i didn't start it until Monday morning when i had to go into work. It started up fine, drove into work with no issues and parked it like i normally do. Came back out to my car for my lunch break and the TT would not start. Same no start symptoms, crank, crank and would not turn over. Had the car towed to a shop. They are still trying to diagnose the issue. Fuse #10 is fine. Could the knock sensor also cause the no start symptoms?
Old 03-09-2015, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am no mechanic however I am always going to start with those mechanical issues that I can troubleshoot and fix myself before paying a mechanic for services as that can be very expensive.
I found this for you.
http://m.carsdirect.com/car-maintenance/car-wont-start-battery-tips-for-checking-the-problem
Old 04-11-2015, 06:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

turns out my issue was a bad fuel pump. had the fuel pump replaced and my TT started right up. running like a scalded monkey!!! Thanks to my local mechanic for troubleshooting and finding the issue.

Quick Reply: TT WONT START