TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Where's the Enthusiasm from the Enthusiasts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 04:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where's the Enthusiasm from the Enthusiasts?

hey y'all:
I joined this forum after buying my first Audi last week (an '01 TT Roadster). I'm a little surprised, because this seems like an "enthusiasts car". yet there doesn't seem to be any enthusiasm. I watch this sub-section of the forum only (TT (Mk1)) and I see almost ZERO activity.

What's up?
is there another hangout y'all are at? a different sub-forum I should be watching?

somebody steer me!
thanks!
Old 10-06-2015, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

There are some of us, I just think there aren't a lot out there...
Old 10-06-2015, 07:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

yeah, it's odd. my other enthusiast car forums I'm part of have MUCH fewer examples of the vehicles on the road, yet they're an active online community. This sort of surprises me. it's okay... it's just a surprise.
I see that this post has had 47 views, and only one reply. THAT's what's odd to me.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default The Mk 1 forum on Audiworld has been dead for years

Originally Posted by maytag
hey y'all:
I joined this forum after buying my first Audi last week (an '01 TT Roadster). I'm a little surprised, because this seems like an "enthusiasts car". yet there doesn't seem to be any enthusiasm. I watch this sub-section of the forum only (TT (Mk1)) and I see almost ZERO activity.

What's up?
is there another hangout y'all are at? a different sub-forum I should be watching?

somebody steer me!
thanks!
Check out Quattroworld or Fourtitude for more action. For some reason, Audiworld seems to be the first TT forum found on internet searches so mostly noobees with questions post here. Most of them asking "what to look for when buying a Mk 1" even though the question has been asked and answered a few threads down.

Last edited by Vegas-roadster; 10-06-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
Check out Quattroworld or Fourtitude for more action. For some reason, Audiworld seems to be the first TT forum found on internet searches so mostly noobees with questions post here. Most of them asking "what to look for when buying a Mk 1" even though the question has been asked and answered a few threads down.
Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 10-09-2015, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Another one checks in

I just bought my 2002 TT on October 3, and only just discovered this forum today.

During my hunt for a TT, I noticed that (at least in this area) they are pretty scarce. I found tons of Audi sedans (A series), and massive numbers of Corvettes and Mustangs, but never any more than about 40 TTs available at any time, most of which were roadsters (and I was looking for a coupe). Seems there were never more than a dozen coupes available at any time.

I mention this because it might help explain why there aren't that many enthusiasts checking in.

Now that I own one, I'm definitely an enthusiast. But I'm also just getting familiar with it.

Like yesterday when I started it up to come to work the Bose stereo went into SAFE mode. Took me a few minutes to remember how to enter the security code. I had to break down and read the manual!!! Horrors!

I will say I am very pleased with the way this old car has been maintained. Leads me to believe is has always been owned by people who appreciate it (as opposed to kids that can't wait to replace original equipment with cheap aftermarket crap).

- Greg