TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 12:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth

Hi I have just bought a 2004 Audi TT roadster and I'm wondering if it has capability for Bluetooth or at least an aux so I can plug my iPod in so my music comes out of the speakers
Old 01-31-2017, 01:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

you should ask on the mk1 forum, the mk2 has an aux port for music but idk if the mk1 has it.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default No

Originally Posted by Caroline66
Hi I have just bought a 2004 Audi TT roadster and I'm wondering if it has capability for Bluetooth or at least an aux so I can plug my iPod in so my music comes out of the speakers
The Mk 1 had neither. Best you can do is burn music onto CDs. Look at aftermarket sound systems.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you find yours doesn't, check out Dension Bluetooth adapter as it might also be an option. Not sure with a 2004 but I installed one in our 2008. Phone & Audio Bluetooth w/ Steering wheel control works well using stock head unit. I purchased through Enfig car audio. Cheers!
Old 02-01-2017, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the advice I will look in to the denison
Old 02-06-2017, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Actually, I have a 2008 (Mk2 8J) 3.2L Quattro that I just bought and I discovered that it has the "mobile phone preparation" but no actual Bluetooth module installed... So this question is especially important to me too (if anyone has advice for the Mk2)

Since I'm told that it might make a difference in terms of what (aftermarket) Bluetooth module can be installed, I have (in addition to the "mobile phone preparation") the S-Line sports package, Bose Audio, Audi Nav (RNS-E?), and Sirius XM Sattelite radio.

Ideally I'd like something that would use the built-in steering wheel controls, and if it could interface with the phone book feature on the Nav too, that would be great.

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2017, 10:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What I did for mine, I replaced the unit with a pioneer navigation unit, comes with bluetooth and apple carplay, I really love its functions and steering wheel controls work as well but the parts are pricy, I spent about 1200 in parts/unit/install all together.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I was thinking about one of the Pioneer NEX systems too, but you're right they can be kind of pricey, plus i was hoping to keep as much of the "original Audi aesthetic" as possible. So if anyone can point me towards something that will work WITH the system I already have (as opposed to replacing it) that would be great.

Out of curiosity though, which Pioneer system do you go with, and what other accessories (I'm assuming at least the steering wheel control adapter) did you need for the conversion?
Old 02-06-2017, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to perhaps rethink my setup. Seems the Dension Gateway is causing a parasitic drain on my battery. I also couldn't hear a call that came in over the weekend. After stopping and restarting the car the phone worked again. I'm hitting up customer support for help but I'll definitely check out the Pioneer unit. I payed to have a new head unit installed in my modded Passat so why not this too.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by martian4000
I need to perhaps rethink my setup. Seems the Dension Gateway is causing a parasitic drain on my battery. I also couldn't hear a call that came in over the weekend. After stopping and restarting the car the phone worked again. I'm hitting up customer support for help but I'll definitely check out the Pioneer unit. I payed to have a new head unit installed in my modded Passat so why not this too.
Let me know what you hear from Dension, because I was looking at getting one of their Bluetooth modules, since it would allow me to keep the original Head Unit (and thus the original "Audi Aesthetic"), that I like so much. How long had you had the Dension Bluetooth adapter module before you noticed this problem?

Quick Reply: Bluetooth