TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Buying a 2014 Audi TTS Coupe (Premium Plus)...anything I should know?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Climberdave
Swanky! The black ops package looks great with the Orange paint (much better than the chrome, IMHO).

One thing that has bugged me from day one about my TT is that the dealer didn't unlock the navigation DVD in the stereo (RNS-E) upon delivery. When I open the stereo face and push the DVD/CD eject button - nothing happens. Not that I really care too much about playing CD's, the rub is that I can't update the navigation's DVD on my own (at least until I go back to the dealer and have them unlock it or buy the VCDS cable and do it myself).

Check to see what RNS-E connection cables are present in the glove box. My TT had the older apple 30pin cable, but was missing the rest.

Make sure you get all of the keys. You should have two flip keys, one emergency door key and a valet key. If not, you have to go through an Audi dealer to have new ones cut/coded to the car.

Have an Audi dealer look up you car's VIN in their system. After I bought my TT (used and not from an Audi dealer) the Audi guys were ale to tell me that all of my scheduled maintenance services were prepaid by the previous owner up to and including the 75,000 service.

Last, but not least. After you collect the car (assuming that you will) have an Audi shop change the oil. A few days after I bought my TT I noticed oil drips on my garage floor. The Audi dealer confirmed that the Nissan dealership had messed up the drain bolt and used the wrong oil filter. The TT/TT-S is supposed to have it's first oil change at 5K miles and then every 10K or one year. The in the back of maintenance manual there is a place for the dealer to stamp every oil change and service for the car. Take a look and see if anything has been documented.

Besides those little things, these are splendid cars and I am really enjoying the experience.

Good luck with the purchase!!

All fantastic information! Thank you! I looked at and test drove the car yesterday but am going back tomorrow morning to finalize purchase, I'll be sure to check all of the items you've listed!
Old 08-06-2015, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Revisiting this thread...

So, I obviously bought the car and absolutely love it. Have been doing a ton of research as one would expect.

Can someone tell me if the wheels that are on the car (the 15-spoke 19" aluminum wheels), were those a factory option or did the previous owner swap out for aftermarket or another Audi/VW model OEM wheel?
Old 08-07-2015, 06:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snowmunky
Revisiting this thread...

So, I obviously bought the car and absolutely love it. Have been doing a ton of research as one would expect.

Can someone tell me if the wheels that are on the car (the 15-spoke 19" aluminum wheels), were those a factory option or did the previous owner swap out for aftermarket or another Audi/VW model OEM wheel?
Those are the OEM 19's that come with the black optics package and they are commonly referred to as turbines.

Also, in the front of the Maintenance and Warrant booklet in the glove box you will find all of the option (PR) codes for you car. There are a few online decoders that will decipher the codes such as - AudiEnthusiasts PR Decoder

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy the car. When you get a chance you should check out the launch control. Guaranteed to put a grin on your face!

Last edited by Climberdave; 08-07-2015 at 06:45 AM.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Welcome to the TTS crowd. I love that color and the black really shows it off. Like the wheels although I usually go with fewer spokes on my choices.

Have a ball with it...The TTS is a REALLY fun car to toss around!
Old 08-08-2015, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Climberdave
Those are the OEM 19's that come with the black optics package and they are commonly referred to as turbines.

Also, in the front of the Maintenance and Warrant booklet in the glove box you will find all of the option (PR) codes for you car. There are a few online decoders that will decipher the codes such as - AudiEnthusiasts PR Decoder

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy the car. When you get a chance you should check out the launch control. Guaranteed to put a grin on your face!
excellent! thank you! i just so happen to have the maintenance and warranty booklet with the sticker with all the PR codes! going to look them up now!!

Originally Posted by RoadTTripper
Welcome to the TTS crowd. I love that color and the black really shows it off. Like the wheels although I usually go with fewer spokes on my choices.

Have a ball with it...The TTS is a REALLY fun car to toss around!

thanks man! yea, i love the orange and black/carbon fiber combo, too. wheels are apparently OEM "turbine" wheels that come with the black optics package.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sorry but my 2012 TT engine just blew out at 16k miles, so i can't say its reliable at all
Old 03-21-2017, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

new here and I am looking for a samoa orange TT. Did the black ops package only come on the 2014 or was it available on the 2013 as well. I don't see any with the black ops for sale on Autotrader
Old 03-23-2017, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by speed2005
new here and I am looking for a samoa orange TT. Did the black ops package only come on the 2014 or was it available on the 2013 as well. I don't see any with the black ops for sale on Autotrader
@speed2005, I am 98% positive that the black optics package was only offered on MY14 cars...