TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Considering MK2 TTS, Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering MK2 TTS, Advice?

Hi everyone, considering a TTS purchase, 10 or 11 model and wondering if there is a sticky or somewhere you can all point me to read about what to expect with ownership. Are there any things I need to know before buying one, things to look for, mechanical issues or problems, etc? Also, recommended maintenance schedules that you all follow? This would be my first German car and I am all too aware of how expensive these can be to work on, what can I expect when getting a car with 50k miles already on it or so? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated! For what it's worth, I'd be getting a Prestige trim level. Thank you!
Old 10-25-2015, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Some answers

Originally Posted by Eric Hunter
Hi everyone, considering a TTS purchase, 10 or 11 model and wondering if there is a sticky or somewhere you can all point me to read about what to expect with ownership. Are there any things I need to know before buying one, things to look for, mechanical issues or problems, etc? Also, recommended maintenance schedules that you all follow? This would be my first German car and I am all too aware of how expensive these can be to work on, what can I expect when getting a car with 50k miles already on it or so? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated! For what it's worth, I'd be getting a Prestige trim level. Thank you!
Go to this FAQ for MY differences. Also, that forum has much more activity than here.

Fourtitude.com - MK2 TT a5 FAQ

The Mk 2 TT and TTS have proven to be very reliable with no chronic problems like those seen in the Mk 1. Most folks follow the Audi maintenance although some change their oil & filter every 5K instead of the recommended 10K. Audi has increased prices by about $5K over the past 4 years, making used TT/TTS a bargain. For some reason, the TT has been a poor selling car, averaging about 2000 car sales a year in recent years. The TTS makes up about 10% of that total. Therefore to get the best selection, and the best deal, you should look well beyond your local area for cars for sale. It will pay you to fly/drive somewhere and drive the car home. I've bought all my TTs in SoCal, about 250 miles away but I've always looked nationwide. I've saved about $4K per car in sales price and found cars with much lower mileage compared to local offerings. My last purchase, I almost bought a car in Chicago but a deal came in in SoCal at the last minute.