TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Hit curb - sad day :(

Old 05-08-2012, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JimInSF
Interesting that you say the Audi care package will pay for the wheel - I have the tire & wheel coverage and it covers road hazards like a wheel denting pothole or flat, but I thought it said it would *not* cover damage from curbing the wheels.
This is a direct quote from the brochure I have:

"Whether it's an upholstery coffee stain, a door ding at the shopping centre, or a scuffed wheel from parallel parking gone wrong, little accidents can quickly spoil the finish of your Audi and reduce it's resale value. Audi After Care Wear Protection is designed to protect your Audi vehicle from life's road hazards that can quickly deteriorate its original showroom finish".

I was expecting to hear back from the dealership today as to whether the rim + tire are covered, but haven't. If they say no, I'm going to raise a bit of a stink (granted slamming the car into a curb is a bit different than a scuff from a parallel park, but they're in the same ballpark right?
Old 05-08-2012, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper
not sure how Canada insurance policy works. Over here if we are at fault and damage city property our insurance premium will go up automatically.

pay a body shop to fix the damage saves you alot more than to have 3400 a year for 3-6yrs.

Interesting.

There was no damage to city property (turns out concrete curbs are fairly solid, who would've thought)
Old 05-09-2012, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AudinCanada
Interesting.

There was no damage to city property (turns out concrete curbs are fairly solid, who would've thought)
anything that is made of concrete is retardly strong lol(mostly for stationary objects unlike buildings lol). especially concrete roads that has potholes....if i had my Honda id be pretty screwed if Boston had all roads paved in concrete. Boston sidewalks with curbs are poorly done here so we get screwed pretty much when we "damage" it lol