TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

making my TTRS 'mine' a little bit at a time.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default making my TTRS 'mine' a little bit at a time.

OKAY!

so i've had this gem (2013 TTRS) a little over two weeks now and i'm already having more fun with it than i had with the BMW 228i in almost two years.

the story so far:
  • looking for excuses to drive anywhere, have already extended my morning commute from 3 to 30 minutes on several occasions.
  • bought and connected the Tune2Air bluetooth module. 3.5/5. i'm happy it lets me listen to music, albeit not always seamlessly, but to be honest i haven't tried to fiddle with it much to figure it out. the tech in this car is it's only real blemish.
  • mounted a square set of O.Z. Alleggerita HLTs in 18x8 (anthracite). 5/5. they weigh 18.2 pounds (average), new wheel/tire package is 11.7 pounds lighter in each corner for a total of almost 50 pounds saved in unsprung weight, i noticed the car was nimbler leaving the tire place, plus i think they look like sex.
  • Michelin x-Ice XI3 XL winter tires in 235/45/R18 for winter driving in michigan.
  • looking for more excuses to drive to all of the places.

short term wish list:
  • paint wheels black.
  • paint brakes lime green.
  • ?light weight battery? (would appreciate forum input on this, done a search...see people have misgivings about taking weight out of the rear of the car but don't know how significant this is, would also like to know if anyone knows the weight of the stock battery and what some lightweight options might be, TIA).
  • ?back seat delete?
  • replace stock spoiler with something more subtle (i like lip spoilers, suggestions?).

*SO* glad to be back with the VAGroup.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Risking the allusion of a **** request, please share photos of your RS with new wheels...
Old 11-29-2016, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Old 11-29-2016, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Old 11-29-2016, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Looking good so far! And I TOTALLY get that long way to work thing....I don't go by RoadTTripper for nothing! Have a ball with it!
Old 12-01-2016, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rhinothatflies
OKAY!

so i've had this gem (2013 TTRS) a little over two weeks now and i'm already having more fun with it than i had with the BMW 228i in almost two years.

the story so far:[LIST][*][*]bought and connected the Tune2Air bluetooth module. 3.5/5. i'm happy it lets me listen to music, albeit not always seamlessly, but to be honest i haven't tried to fiddle with it much to figure it out. the tech in this car is it's only real blemish.

*SO* glad to be back with the VAGroup.
Great suggestion on the Tune2Air module. I've been looking for something similar and you saved me the research time!

Swapping to my winter wheels/rims this weekend. Here comes the cold and snow!!!
Old 12-02-2016, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by das2.7t
Swapping to my winter wheels/rims this weekend. Here comes the cold and snow!!!
I did my changeover last weekend. Maybe if enough of us are prepared for the winter, it won't be that bad? I can wish!
Old 12-08-2016, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Did you sell those (Rotor) wheels yet? I may be in the market in the new year...
Old 12-11-2016, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by a4avant-ti
Did you sell those (Rotor) wheels yet? I may be in the market in the new year...
i have the rotor wheels sitting in my apartment at the moment, i'm planning on selling them in april if a 245 summer tire fits well on my new wheels. lets keep in touch?

Search this Thread