Mother is buying a 2008 TT - Page 2 - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi TT / TT-S / TT-RS > TT (Mk2) Discussion
Log In 


TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Mother is buying a 2008 TT

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #11
Audiworld Junior Member
 
911sOldnNew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 84
Default

Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb?
Mother do you think they'll like this song?
Mother do you think they'll try to break my *****?
Oooh, ahh
Mother should I build the wall?
Mother should I run for President?
Mother should I trust the government?
Mother will they put me in the firing line?
Oooh ahh,
Is it just a waste of time?
...

Mother, do you think she's good enough, for me?
Mother, do you think she's dangerous, to me?
Mother, will she tear your little boy apart?
Ooh ah,
Mother, will she break my heart?
__________________
"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
911sOldnNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #12
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 565
Default

I dont understand the irony part... Anyway thanks guys
__________________
2011 /S4 Ibis/Magma ->RS4 Grille/Deval CF Rear Diffuser/StubekCF Lip/ETMS Piano Black Trim/P3 Vent Gauge/AWE S-FLO Intake/Eurocode MeisterWerk STS/EuroCode Front&Rear Sways/EuroCode Adjustable End Links/Eurocode AluKreuz/Ti-Codes/H&R OE Springs/Miltek Non Res/Apikol Rear diff mount/034 Trans mount/APR Stg2 with pulley
Worked on only by me and EUROTECH MOTORSPORTS!
BaLLZDeePNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #13
yip
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2
Default

My GF has a 2008 with 60k on it. Only issues are the cam follower, diverter valve, PCV valve and the issue with the rear tail light plug. All of these are common and easy/cheap to replace fix.

The pop sound is normal. sounds like the engine is burping/farting between shifts.

I've driven the Quattro, TTS and I enjoy this car nearly just as much. Sure it's not going to match the lap times on a track but the average person is not going to be able to wring out all the potential the FWD model has to offer.

With just a rear sway bar, pad/fluid upgrade and alignment this car has kept up with many much more powerful RWD cars.

All of this and it averages 30+ mpg with a heavy foot. We've seen almost 40mpg on long trips.

Only thing I don't really like is the steering feel. While not bad it's no where near as precise as the EVO I had. GF doesn't mind or care though.
yip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #14
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4
Default

I see some comments about the light bulb issues... can someone please post up a link if there is another section that talks about this?

I have the same 2008 TT (FWD, DSG, Coupe) that, uh, this guy's mother is buying, but mine is having some terrible tail light issues. The car is nearly at 60k miles now.

Every time I speed up, the lights go out in the back (left, or right, or BOTH sometimes!) The hilarity ensues when I break hard, and the forward momentum plugs the lights back in. As you could guess, this gets old quick. I'm trying to figure out where the connection problem might be so that I could just remedy it myself?

Could someone please direct me as to where the problem can be fixed? Would it be in the front (below the steering wheel) or in the back (at the trunk)?

Thanks guys.
Eugeneee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #15
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Hi - that's a common problem on the 2008 TT. Mine was fixed under warranty and the problem relates to the rear light cluster. Here are more details on a different forum (pics included): http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewt...lit=light+bulb

It is an easy fix but I'd recommend having Audi take care of it under warranty...BTW, it is located at the trunk



Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugeneee View Post
I see some comments about the light bulb issues... can someone please post up a link if there is another section that talks about this?

I have the same 2008 TT (FWD, DSG, Coupe) that, uh, this guy's mother is buying, but mine is having some terrible tail light issues. The car is nearly at 60k miles now.

Every time I speed up, the lights go out in the back (left, or right, or BOTH sometimes!) The hilarity ensues when I break hard, and the forward momentum plugs the lights back in. As you could guess, this gets old quick. I'm trying to figure out where the connection problem might be so that I could just remedy it myself?

Could someone please direct me as to where the problem can be fixed? Would it be in the front (below the steering wheel) or in the back (at the trunk)?

Thanks guys.
MGuruX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #16
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGuruX View Post
Hi - that's a common problem on the 2008 TT. Mine was fixed under warranty and the problem relates to the rear light cluster. Here are more details on a different forum (pics included): http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewt...lit=light+bulb

It is an easy fix but I'd recommend having Audi take care of it under warranty...BTW, it is located at the trunk
Thanks!!!

I think my warranty has expired (past 50k miles) but I will check up on it!! I had the problem before my warranty had expired (AND the whistling window issue) and they didnt do anything about it! Argh... stealership?
Eugeneee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:33 AM   #17
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4
Default

Update:

I took my car to the stealership-- and indeed it was the burnt out rear light cluster. West Covina Audi (Southern California) gave me 50% goodwill on replacing the light cluster, the connector end, and labor for $137.

It would have been over $200 if the wires had to be re-grounded, but mine was a judgment call so I didn't do it. No problems yet!

Thank you everyone!
Eugeneee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #18
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugeneee View Post
Update:

I took my car to the stealership-- and indeed it was the burnt out rear light cluster. West Covina Audi (Southern California) gave me 50% goodwill on replacing the light cluster, the connector end, and labor for $137.

It would have been over $200 if the wires had to be re-grounded, but mine was a judgment call so I didn't do it. No problems yet!

Thank you everyone!
Oops-- to add: My car was out of warranty. Goodwill discount wouldn't apply if I bought just the parts, so the final price tag would have been about the same.

If you are within warranty, I suggest that you do take a look at the rear left light cluster for burn marks (it's totally easy to take the rear unit out) and let the dealership deal with this-- make sure you call it a "design flaw"! =]
Eugeneee is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2008 or 2009 ? KekePerkele A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion 8 07-19-2016 10:53 AM
replacing 01 a6 quatro calipers soonerjeepman Brakes Discussion 1 05-08-2016 07:12 PM
Audi TT FS: 2008 Audi TTR V6 s-line Phil G. Vehicles For Sale 4 10-06-2015 03:16 PM
Financing question phoneboy6 A7 10 09-18-2015 02:18 AM
2008 audi a4 avant 3.2 rough starts Bhillis A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion 1 09-13-2015 07:19 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:13 AM.