TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Mother is buying a 2008 TT

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb?
Mother do you think they'll like this song?
Mother do you think they'll try to break my *****?
Oooh, ahh
Mother should I build the wall?
Mother should I run for President?
Mother should I trust the government?
Mother will they put me in the firing line?
Oooh ahh,
Is it just a waste of time?

Mother, do you think she's good enough, for me?
Mother, do you think she's dangerous, to me?
Mother, will she tear your little boy apart?
Ooh ah,
Mother, will she break my heart?
Old 04-28-2012, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

I dont understand the irony part... Anyway thanks guys
Old 05-05-2012, 10:02 AM
yip
AudiWorld Newcomer

My GF has a 2008 with 60k on it. Only issues are the cam follower, diverter valve, PCV valve and the issue with the rear tail light plug. All of these are common and easy/cheap to replace fix.

The pop sound is normal. sounds like the engine is burping/farting between shifts.

I've driven the Quattro, TTS and I enjoy this car nearly just as much. Sure it's not going to match the lap times on a track but the average person is not going to be able to wring out all the potential the FWD model has to offer.

With just a rear sway bar, pad/fluid upgrade and alignment this car has kept up with many much more powerful RWD cars.

All of this and it averages 30+ mpg with a heavy foot. We've seen almost 40mpg on long trips.

Only thing I don't really like is the steering feel. While not bad it's no where near as precise as the EVO I had. GF doesn't mind or care though.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I see some comments about the light bulb issues... can someone please post up a link if there is another section that talks about this?

I have the same 2008 TT (FWD, DSG, Coupe) that, uh, this guy's mother is buying, but mine is having some terrible tail light issues. The car is nearly at 60k miles now.

Every time I speed up, the lights go out in the back (left, or right, or BOTH sometimes!) The hilarity ensues when I break hard, and the forward momentum plugs the lights back in. As you could guess, this gets old quick. I'm trying to figure out where the connection problem might be so that I could just remedy it myself?

Could someone please direct me as to where the problem can be fixed? Would it be in the front (below the steering wheel) or in the back (at the trunk)?

Thanks guys.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi - that's a common problem on the 2008 TT. Mine was fixed under warranty and the problem relates to the rear light cluster. Here are more details on a different forum (pics included): http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewt...lit=light+bulb

It is an easy fix but I'd recommend having Audi take care of it under warranty...BTW, it is located at the trunk

Originally Posted by Eugeneee
I see some comments about the light bulb issues... can someone please post up a link if there is another section that talks about this?

I have the same 2008 TT (FWD, DSG, Coupe) that, uh, this guy's mother is buying, but mine is having some terrible tail light issues. The car is nearly at 60k miles now.

Every time I speed up, the lights go out in the back (left, or right, or BOTH sometimes!) The hilarity ensues when I break hard, and the forward momentum plugs the lights back in. As you could guess, this gets old quick. I'm trying to figure out where the connection problem might be so that I could just remedy it myself?

Could someone please direct me as to where the problem can be fixed? Would it be in the front (below the steering wheel) or in the back (at the trunk)?

Thanks guys.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MGuruX
Hi - that's a common problem on the 2008 TT. Mine was fixed under warranty and the problem relates to the rear light cluster. Here are more details on a different forum (pics included): http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewt...lit=light+bulb

It is an easy fix but I'd recommend having Audi take care of it under warranty...BTW, it is located at the trunk
Thanks!!!

I think my warranty has expired (past 50k miles) but I will check up on it!! I had the problem before my warranty had expired (AND the whistling window issue) and they didnt do anything about it! Argh... stealership?
Old 05-28-2012, 12:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Update:

I took my car to the stealership-- and indeed it was the burnt out rear light cluster. West Covina Audi (Southern California) gave me 50% goodwill on replacing the light cluster, the connector end, and labor for $137.

It would have been over $200 if the wires had to be re-grounded, but mine was a judgment call so I didn't do it. No problems yet!

Thank you everyone!
Old 05-28-2012, 12:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Eugeneee
Update:

I took my car to the stealership-- and indeed it was the burnt out rear light cluster. West Covina Audi (Southern California) gave me 50% goodwill on replacing the light cluster, the connector end, and labor for $137.

It would have been over $200 if the wires had to be re-grounded, but mine was a judgment call so I didn't do it. No problems yet!

Thank you everyone!
Oops-- to add: My car was out of warranty. Goodwill discount wouldn't apply if I bought just the parts, so the final price tag would have been about the same.

If you are within warranty, I suggest that you do take a look at the rear left light cluster for burn marks (it's totally easy to take the rear unit out) and let the dealership deal with this-- make sure you call it a "design flaw"! =]