TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Need help diagnosing problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help diagnosing problem

Hello.

I'm having some trouble with my 2007 Audi TT MK2. About one month ago my cam belt broke and did some serious damage (all 16 valves were bent). Had all this fixed, cylinder head was redone, new gaskets, etc...

When i went to pick up my car the mechanic said everything was fine and he had driven it around the block a few times. When i started the car it was idling rough and i could hear a whistling sound, i went back to the mechanic and he said that it would pas. A few hours later after driving it for a bit a CEL would come on, I used torque to check the code and it gave P0171. I called the mechanic a few times to have him look at the problem but he's been giving me excuses that he doesn't have any time, on one occasion he told me to bring the car and i left it there for an entire day without him even taking a look at it.

I've tried to figure out what the problem could be with the help of this and other forums, websites.

I found out that the most likely suspect is a vacuum leak so i looked around and sprayed with some brake cleaner and couldn't find a vacuum leak.
Changed MAF and air filter.
Changed PVC (with a non OEM one)

When i drive it, it doesn't seem to accelerate the way it used to. Also when i drive it while the engine is cold and release the gas i sometimes get loud pops from the exhaust.
The whistling noise stops after driving a few seconds or reving the engine a few times and the idle also becomes smoother (video wil make that clear)
The idle also improves when the CEL is on.

First video shows the idle on startup and you can clearly hear the whistling sound
second video shows my torque app gauges

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0T...ew?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0T...ew?usp=sharing

Any help with this matter would much appreciated
Old 12-27-2015, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts

Where are you? No MY 2007 TTs were sold (Mk 1 or Mk 2) in North America. Also, your links do not work.