TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

New to forum, first Audi

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to forum, first Audi

Hello everyone, I purchased my first Audi about a month ago. Traded in a C230 MB that I had for a long time. It is a 2012 Coupe, S-line. One question I have is the model designation/badging. I know my car isn't a TTS but it has the TTS badge on the hatch. Initially I thought this was part of the s-line package but after checking pics of other s-line cars, I haven't seen this badge on other cars. Did the previous owner stick this badge on or is it part of the s-line designation? If it's a stick-on from the previous owner I may pull it off. Thanks for the info and I added a few pics of my new car!

Old 05-30-2015, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts

The S-line option comes with S-line badging, not a TTS badge. You can get the build sheet from your local dealer to see what options were purchased for your car. The S-line option included 19" rims instead of the standard 18" as well as other cosmetic body additions. See this FAQ.

Fourtitude.com - MK2 TT a5 FAQ
Old 05-31-2015, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Check the back rest of front seats. It should have TTs embossed.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi Vegas, I have all of the S line items present on the car. I have a PDF of the original window sticker (not sure if that is equivalent to the build sheet) that shows the addition of the S line, with each item added (extended leather, headlight washers, 19s, aluminum, S steering wheel, exterior package, door sills, fender badging). One of things that is strange if in fact the previous owner added it, is that this was an off-lease car & CPO that seemed to be barely broken in. The previous owner wasn't even using the floor mats that came with the car, and he/she was using another set of generic mats too keep the originals clean.

Hi Benmontemayor, my seats have S line embossed on them. I am trying to figure out why my car has the TTS emblem on the rear.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I see I can't edit posts, I meant-
The previous owner wasn't even using the floor mats that came with the car, and he/she was using another set of generic mats to keep the originals clean.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Not the first time a poser added some badges

Originally Posted by Innie_or_audi
Hi Vegas, I have all of the S line items present on the car. I have a PDF of the original window sticker (not sure if that is equivalent to the build sheet) that shows the addition of the S line, with each item added (extended leather, headlight washers, 19s, aluminum, S steering wheel, exterior package, door sills, fender badging). One of things that is strange if in fact the previous owner added it, is that this was an off-lease car & CPO that seemed to be barely broken in. The previous owner wasn't even using the floor mats that came with the car, and he/she was using another set of generic mats too keep the originals clean.

Hi Benmontemayor, my seats have S line embossed on them. I am trying to figure out why my car has the TTS emblem on the rear.
. Not knowing how it was attached, I'd leave it on rather than risk damaging paint.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes, I've thought about it more since yesterday. I've also considered debadging it completely for the stealth look, but I'll leave it for now. When I had my Mercedes it always used to bother me that people would buy & stick on the AMG badge on a non-AMG car. Didn't want to be one of those people.

When purchasing the car, I knew it had been in what Carfax classified as a "minor" accident. It was CPO'ed after that by Audi and part of my sales package included a full 3rd party Trueframe report to ensure there was no significant damage. Since the damage was in the rear maybe the hatch was replaced with the TTS version or the wrong badging was re-installed...
Old 06-01-2015, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Previous owner mostly likely a poser. Just remove it. Heat with blower dryer, use fishing line or similar to remove, then use Goo Gone to remove residue.