TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

New TT - Recommended Maint./ Want to do custom exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 09:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New TT - Recommended Maint./ Want to do custom exhaust

First off thanks to several of the members on here for giving me great advice for finding a TT. Took a couple months to find the right one and flew out Tuesday and picked up an 09 2.0 with 90k that sticker shows timing belt was done 20k ago and a new waste gate put in 10k ago. Will have shop verify timing belt. Had been maintained/repaired all at audi dealer, washed every month, one owner. Got a killer deal on it (6k less then local dealer) more money for mods haha. Drove it the 700 miles home and loving it.

Two things though. It needs to be a little louder and I am thinking of going with a quad setup using a different rear bumper. Could also use some more low end power which APR tune should solve but will save that for later. Maybe I need to just get used to driving a turbo car.

Any advice for exhaust. I am thinking bring parts for a custom magnaflow turboback to any of the cheap exhaust shops in city or I hear there is a good shop in east chicago that makes them specifically for audi's? Any tips for custom making this as I do not want it to sound like some honda civic with a coffee can on the back or have lots of annoying drone.

Also how much should I expect to spend in total? Any part # suggestions for good sound?

I will bring it in for oil change this week. Any other recommended services/things to check for around 90k? (can do the more expensive ones at my buddies for cheap)

Last edited by Henry321; 06-01-2016 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-19-2016, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Congrats on your new TT. With that many miles I'd think about changing the transmission fluid/filter. I love the sound of Borla exhaust, but it appears those were only available for the 1st gen. It seems miltek has become very popular for our model. There are some dual exhaust rear valances available on "the TT Shop". I'd expect to spend $1200 bucks or so on a new cat-back and rear valance.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an appointment to do a dsg flush and filter change next week. Last time I know it was for sure done was 35k.

I notice the serpentine belt area makes some noise but only at idle? Will have machanic look at this next week when doing flush, it could be a lot of things.

Will do fuel filter myself in upcoming weeks.

Found a used Awe Tuning catback exhaust with the black chrome tips. Should be here next week. This thing sounds awesome on youtube and awe tuning dyno results look great too. Seems they are one of few exhaust companies that actually test there products thoroughly.

The car handles awesome but I do notice a little understeer when really pushing the car hard. So I am thinking a rear sway bar will be next mod. I put one of these on my last fwd car and the differance in handling was night and day. Anyone have experience with ecs tuning brand bar? It is $100 cheaper and looks practically the same as neuspeed bar.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I've never installed a rear sway bar on any of my TT's, but your on the right track. Tighten up the rear end to correct under steer. If you're not going to track the car, it's worth saving the $100 for other mods, maybe a lighter pulley. I never thought I would, but I bought a used Solo cat back exhaust for my last car (only $100) and it turned out to be a great deal and I was extremely happy with the sound. Hope you have the same good fortune.