TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Proud new TT owner! Tuning help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud new TT owner! Tuning help?

Hello world. I just recently purchased an immaculate 2009 Audi TT MKII 2.0T FSI Prestige and I'm wondering where to start tuning it. I just hit 120k miles and thank god the previous owner did the upkeep every 10k miles for the life of the car and aside from the normal service it has new brakes and tires. So! IUnfortunately I'm not a car guru but I'm pretty mechanically sound as well as on a budget and I'm just looking for some guidance and help on what to do and when to do it and where not to waste my time. So where's the best place to start modding under the hood? ECU chip? Intercooler? Turbo upgrade? Everything is stock now. I was thinking of starting with a cold air intake? It seems smart as well as not too overly expensive. Goals are speed. Looking forward to what you guys have to say! Thanks a million. I attached some pictures

so you can see the ride

Pre dipped wheels

After dip

😍
Old 04-17-2015, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Congratulations

A new chip will give you the biggest bang for the buck at around $600. Several vendors available. Do a search on the Quattroworld or Fourtitude forums for chip recommendations.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Congrats on the new car! Looks great especially given its mileage. Agree with chip as first step - I have a V6 in mine and have left it totally stock, but many have done mods with their TTs. Give AWE tuning in Willow Grove PA a call Porsche, Audi and Volkswagen Performance | AWE Tuning at (215) 658-1670. They do a lot of upgrades for these cars. Good luck!
Old 04-17-2015, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
A new chip will give you the biggest bang for the buck at around $600. Several vendors available. Do a search on the Quattroworld or Fourtitude forums for chip recommendations.
Thanks for the response/advice! So what does it do specially? Aside from release copious amounts of horsepower Idk it works! I've also heard that they set off a bunch of fault codes too?
Old 04-17-2015, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Congrats on the new car! Looks great especially given its mileage. Agree with chip as first step - I have a V6 in mine and have left it totally stock, but many have done mods with their TTs. Give AWE tuning in Willow Grove PA a call Porsche, Audi and Volkswagen Performance | AWE Tuning at (215) 658-1670. They do a lot of upgrades for these cars. Good luck!
Thanks brother! Yeah I realllllllly lucked out. Fully loaded s-line with Navi and Bose system all the bells and whistles. Lol yeah Most Audis For sale past 100k are usually beat to hell but this was the holy grail and was a certified preowned so it was a no brainer! And Ahhh a 3.2?! You lucky bastard!! I bet it's an incredibly fun drive. I had a 3.2 B7 before this TT that I adored got rest her soul(totaled). Anyways! Can I ask why a chip first vs all other engine mods (ex intakes, exhaust turbos etc)?? And I'm in Houston so I would have to explore alternate options.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Futbolstar90
Thanks brother! Yeah I realllllllly lucked out. Fully loaded s-line with Navi and Bose system all the bells and whistles. Lol yeah Most Audis For sale past 100k are usually beat to hell but this was the holy grail and was a certified preowned so it was a no brainer! And Ahhh a 3.2?! You lucky bastard!! I bet it's an incredibly fun drive. I had a 3.2 B7 before this TT that I adored got rest her soul(totaled). Anyways! Can I ask why a chip first vs all other engine mods (ex intakes, exhaust turbos etc)?? And I'm in Houston so I would have to explore alternate options.
Sounds like you got a great car! CPO at 100K miles is pretty unusual. I bought the TT in '08 after having some major transmission issues with a brand new S4 with a manual. I loved the car but couldn't get it into first gear from the day I took ownership. The dealer, then AoA came down to look at it and said it "couldn't be fixed." So they sweetened the deal to keep me with Audi if I traded the S4 on any other Audi, purchase or lease. At that time, as much as I loved the S4 I was hesitant to order another (it was my third - an '01, '05, and '08), so splurged on a fully loaded s-line TTR. I really wanted the V6 and when you ordered the s-line version of that car with a manual, it came with a short throw 6 speed, the only Audi (at least that year) that had that feature. The throws are very short, and the transmission on the TT is like butter. I keep finding a reason to trade it on something else, but at 7 years, 35K miles, and not a chip or mark on the car, it's hard to part with it.