TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Time has finally come ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time has finally come ...

I'm selling my TT s-line roadster. I've only put 5K miles per year on the car, but I can't wait for a new TT-RS, so looking to buy either a Jaguar F-type or Boxster S. Both great cars, but I'm trending toward the Porsche having owned a beautiful 2004 911 C4S a few years ago. The Jaguar is gorgeous, but maybe a bit too slick for me. Also, the Porsche's shifter and clutch feel more like my TT - the Jaguar really fails in this area. Here's a link to my ad on the Classifieds https://www.audiworld.com/forums/veh...-line-2889030/ and I also have an ad in Autotrader. I have loved this car since day one, and will be sad to part with her. But, I have the bug to get something different.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Phil G.
I'm selling my TT s-line roadster. I've only put 5K miles per year on the car, but I can't wait for a new TT-RS, so looking to buy either a Jaguar F-type or Boxster S. Both great cars, but I'm trending toward the Porsche having owned a beautiful 2004 911 C4S a few years ago. The Jaguar is gorgeous, but maybe a bit too slick for me. Also, the Porsche's shifter and clutch feel more like my TT - the Jaguar really fails in this area. Here's a link to my ad on the Classifieds https://www.audiworld.com/forums/veh...-line-2889030/ and I also have an ad in Autotrader. I have loved this car since day one, and will be sad to part with her. But, I have the bug to get something different.
I drove the F-type V6S and as beautiful as it is, it's not for me. Just too slick. Fast as can be, and even louder than that. The shift and clutch don't feel right. So, I was lucky enough to get an allocation on a new on a new '16 Boxster S 3.4L six with 6MT. Drove one and absolutely loved it. So I'm anxious to sell the TT soon, but will trade it on the Porsche if I have to. You can buy the TT for a very competitive price, likely around $5K less than a dealer will ask for it. Let me know if there's any interest - links to the ad are listed.

Last edited by Phil G.; 09-26-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

I drool over the F Type myself although mine would be a coupe. Never had a chance to drive one, although I have heard the S can be loud. I think you will be happy in the Boxster. The P-cars are fun to drive (we have an older Cayman in the family) and the shifter is almost a definition of "short throw". Good luck and have fun with it!
Old 09-27-2015, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by RoadTTripper
I drool over the F Type myself although mine would be a coupe. Never had a chance to drive one, although I have heard the S can be loud. I think you will be happy in the Boxster. The P-cars are fun to drive (we have an older Cayman in the family) and the shifter is almost a definition of "short throw". Good luck and have fun with it!
Thanks - I really wanted to like the F-type as I think it may be the best looking new sports car out there. But, after driving it for all of 5 minutes, I just knew it wasn't for me. My Porsche salesperson described it as a hot rod, and he's really not too far off. As with the Jaguar, all it took was 5 minutes or so in the Boxster to know that another P-car was for me. I really regret giving up my TT - but need something more practical for work, like an - ugh - SUV.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Phil G.
?......I really regret giving up my TT - but need something more practical for work, like an - ugh - SUV.
Sometimes you have to get what you need.....my other "car" is a Toyota FJ Cruiser . Much as I love my TT, it would not have liked some of the crazy roads on a recent car camping trip out west.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by RoadTTripper
Sometimes you have to get what you need.....my other "car" is a Toyota FJ Cruiser . Much as I love my TT, it would not have liked some of the crazy roads on a recent car camping trip out west.
Just need something practical for work, AWD and a car I can put a hitch on to carry a couple of bikes around. Don't want to spend much. The TT and a 981 would not exactly fit the bill. The 981 will be a car for nice days 3 seasons during the year when I can put the top down and enjoy it.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Have you looked in to the Mk3 TT Roadster?
Old 10-01-2015, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by visuar
Have you looked in to the Mk3 TT Roadster?
Yes, my dealer has one on the floor. I do like it, but will not buy a car without a 6MT. Which is why I'm ordering a new Boxster S with a stick. They are both great cars, but I've owned Porsche before, and they really are incomparable.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Makes sense. I wish I could've ordered mine with 6MT as well. This will be my first car with S tronic, not really looking forward to that, but we'll see how I like it after a year of driving that.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

At some point, manual transmissions will not be available on any car. Only a matter of time. Engines get smaller, more and more cars are turbocharged vs normally aspirated. In fact, the Porsche Boxster base and S are going to have 2.7L fours next year, no more sixes. Even HP will drop. Which is why I'm ordering the S this week with the 3.4L six @315HP.

Quick Reply: Time has finally come ...