TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

What have you bought/done for your TT today?

Old 06-19-2016, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Default What have you bought/done for your TT today?

Had a thread like this on another forum and it was a great thread to see new ideas or post your own unique doings. List things as simple as a car wash or an awesome mod/upgrade. And remember, we all love pics.

I'll start off. Washed and waxed the car today and put RainX on the windows, all but the windshield. Applied a leather conditioner to the front seats but got too tired to do the rear...something for next week, eh?

Old 06-20-2016, 05:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, Saturday I drove my TT roadster to the Audi dealer in Augusta, Ga to have the ATF and Haldex fluid changes done. It was a nice day for a 200 mile round trip excursion. Prior to that I bought 4, R8 coils because they are red and look cool on the engine. And two weeks ago I did a seafoam cleaning of the intake manifold. I don't know how effective that is, but the car smoked for a bit and then I drove it hard for some miles. I also put seafoam in the crankcase last month just before doing an oil change. This stuff seems to be very effective at cleaning the internals of an engine. The engine idles very quiet and smooth now. It also pulls nice and hard at part and full throttle. I'm at 31,200 miles. The service indicator turned on last week. So I ended up doing the fluid changes a few thousand miles early.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nice little tt coupe you have there, btw.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Old 06-20-2016, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Red top on the coils, I like the way you think. Haldex fluid change will be done at my 55k mile service which I plan on doing earlier at 53k. I'm going to read up on the seafoam and its applications. Only thing Ive done to engine internals was a Cerma treatment. Nice interior, it really pops.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Installed Awe catback.

The idle sounds sexy. The coolest thing about this exhaust is it has absolutely no drone on highway, you do not notice it is there until you accelerate hard. It makes some noise though around town slowly accelerating, deep though not like ricer. Under every bridge it will make you want to hit the gas LOL getting way worse mileage now because I keep accelerating hard wanting to hear the exhaust note. I even noticed I am burning oil faster now probably because I keep bringing rpms over 5k to hear noise, it is addictive.

I think it actually should be a bit louder but I am young and like loud cars.

Might sell it in a bit and do a quad custom. Got it used so can sell for close to what I got it.

If any of you get this exhaust forsure get it with the black tips. The black tips look awesome with stock tt varience and are not as obvious you have an aftermarket exhaust as silver.

Old 06-30-2016, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nice! I had done Borla on my mk1's, same low note and no drone. And yeah, my mpg's went down too. (-;
Old 07-03-2016, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Had service done at Inskip Audi yesterday. Oil change, Haldex service, wheel rotation and they installed my newly purchased belly pan from ECS Tuning. Dealer said the screws that came with the belly pan were not correct. Luckily they had the right screws in stock, no charge. Mad at myself, forgot to ask about a DSG fluid change. They had a beautiful 2016 gray 2.0 TT in the showroom, sigh... If I only had a spare 50k lying around.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default New Engine

Just got my 2012 TT back from the dealer. New engine at 40k km. Not too impressed with Audi quality.
Returning home after Sunday round of golf, and CEL came on, car started missing. Limped it home and to the dealer.
Dealer reported failed injector. Replaced all 4 under warranty. De-coked while apart.
Put it back together and found no compression on #1. Further investigation found bits of piston and piston rings in the oil pan.
Factory warranty saved the day, but the shine is off Audi (in my eyes).
Old 08-26-2016, 02:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

After a few weeks since ordering, my rotors and pads have arrived from adamsrotors.com. I also have stainless steel lines that I ordered from ecstuning.com. Made an appointment with mechanic, but it's a couple of weeks out. If the local temps come down a bit, I might try to do the rotors and pads in my driveway. Think I might need a couple of additional tools though after watching several utube videos.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What have you bought/done for your TT today?