TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

2016 TT - seats coming apart!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lain
FYI had my 2017 TTS for about 2 months now and I just noticed the top passenger outer trim has come away.

So issue isn't fixed in 2017 models.

Has anyone had theirs successfully repair?
Is there any actual repair for it from the dealership or do they just put on a new one and hope it fixes it?
I am waiting for parts for 2nd try. It's been months now (since 1st try). Both seats.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

hmmm, I think I'm going to wait a bit to get it fixed until Audi has it figured out.
I HATE going back to have the same thing fixed twice (or more....).
Old 02-27-2017, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

A few weeks after purchasing my TTS, Audi contacted me for seat recall/repair to address this.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i started this thread. it took eons for audi to sent to my local dealer the repair parts from germany. about two weeks ago i got it back from dealer. it took them a few days to do the fix. but as of now, it did indeed fix the problem.

still.. a bit of a bummer to spend so much (for my budget anyway) on a brand new audi and have such a design flaw. seats just shouldn't fall apart, period.

overall, im still a satisfied first time audi customer but just a bit of a bummer
Old 02-28-2017, 01:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hey all, first post on the forums. I came across this thread as my sports seats in my TT are having the same issues as everyone else. I called the dealer on Monday and it's booked in tomorrowfor them to have a look, not fix it. The dealer claims no knowledge of this issue so I have printed out the responses here 😃 I'm hoping I get no grief from them. I've had the car for 2 weeks, bought from the pre-owned Audi dealer in Brisbane, Australia. It's a late 2015 with only 10,000kms on the clock.

Thanks all for the info.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

See attached TSB number.
Originally Posted by Scratchyratface
Hey all, first post on the forums. I came across this thread as my sports seats in my TT are having the same issues as everyone else. I called the dealer on Monday and it's booked in tomorrowfor them to have a look, not fix it. The dealer claims no knowledge of this issue so I have printed out the responses here �� I'm hoping I get no grief from them. I've had the car for 2 weeks, bought from the pre-owned Audi dealer in Brisbane, Australia. It's a late 2015 with only 10,000kms on the clock.

Thanks all for the info.
Attached Thumbnails 2016 TT - seats coming apart!-seat-trim-tsb-screen-shot-2016-11-12-7.52.31-am.png  
Old 02-28-2017, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Scratchyratface
Hey all, first post on the forums. I came across this thread as my sports seats in my TT are having the same issues as everyone else. I called the dealer on Monday and it's booked in tomorrowfor them to have a look, not fix it. The dealer claims no knowledge of this issue so I have printed out the responses here �� I'm hoping I get no grief from them. I've had the car for 2 weeks, bought from the pre-owned Audi dealer in Brisbane, Australia. It's a late 2015 with only 10,000kms on the clock.

Thanks all for the info.
Scratchy, good luck with the dealer. Check out this UK based TT Forum as well.
You will find more Australia / Right Hand Drive info for you in the future.

The Audi TT Forum :: View forum - TT Forum - MK3 TT (8S)

Their TT Seat Issue Thread:
http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewt...f=98&t=1353921

Last edited by Can_Quattro; 02-28-2017 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My 16 TTS is at the dealer (Rusnak Westlake Village, CA) having this fixed today. They had originally ordered the parts to fix the driver inside and passenger outside. They just called and said they needed the car overnight as Audi has instructed them to do all four sides with newer parts which will arrive tomorrow.

Should have back tomorrow. I will use the new Q5 they have provided me in the interim.

Ed
Old 02-28-2017, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks guys, dealer was really good about it and the parts are in Sydney and will be sent up. I could have had it fixed next week but wanted a loan car so I have to wait until the 16th, that's fine as its not urgent, more annoying than anything. We can get a bit stitched up here in Oz with car companies, we have no lemon laws whatsoever and don't have the level of service that the U.S has so it was a nice surprise this morning to be treated really well. I didn't get that with VW previously, I gave up with the dealer as they couldn't even replace my battery after 4 seperate visits.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah.... going to the dealer on Monday for them to fix it.

Quick Reply: 2016 TT - seats coming apart!