TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

2016 TTs at the port?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 TTs at the port?

A dealer in my area told me the 2016 TTs are already arriving at 'the port' in the US. They are waiting for pricing and an official launch date to make this public knowledge. Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor as I'll call it now?
Old 02-10-2015, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have no inside information, but I am not buying it for a second.
The timing is all wrong. Websites still have Mk2s on them.
All press drives were told unofficially August-September timeframe.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I actually took something said in the wrong context. When we were talking abut TTs I was told 2016 Audis were starting to arrive at the Port. I assumed TTs but I was told yesterday A7s are now arriving. Sorry for the bad data point everybody!
Old 03-29-2015, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure if its of any help to those waiting to see a new TT at their stealership, but I saw a new Florett Silver Metallic TT coupe heading down Park Avenue in Manhattan last week. It looked even better in person than in photos. I noticed it didn't have a front plate, but couldn't tell the state on the rear. Is it possible this was a press car? It was a little too early to be here for the auto show starting next week, no?
Old 03-30-2015, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default There are some test cars around the US

Originally Posted by veedubmac
Not sure if its of any help to those waiting to see a new TT at their stealership, but I saw a new Florett Silver Metallic TT coupe heading down Park Avenue in Manhattan last week. It looked even better in person than in photos. I noticed it didn't have a front plate, but couldn't tell the state on the rear. Is it possible this was a press car? It was a little too early to be here for the auto show starting next week, no?
We were expecting AoA to bring a Mk 3 test car to TT West next month for the participants to drive during the event but AoA has backed out. At past TT West events, we were able to drive test versions of the Mk 2 TTS and TTRS 1-2 years before they were offered for sale here. Interesting trivia, the US government requires the test cars to be crushed once testing is complete.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm wondering if the new 2016 Audi TT was shown at any of the North American International Auto Shows yet? Does anyone know, been to one and seen it? I wrote a note to AofA, but they haven't responded yet. The Denver Auto Show is in early April and I plan to go. I'm hoping there may be one there to see.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mjm3457
I'm wondering if the new 2016 Audi TT was shown at any of the North American International Auto Shows yet? Does anyone know, been to one and seen it? I wrote a note to AofA, but they haven't responded yet. The Denver Auto Show is in early April and I plan to go. I'm hoping there may be one there to see.
Audi showed the new TT at a number of North American shows.
(LA, Detroit, and Toronto as I recall, and maybe others)
Old 04-01-2015, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

I understand it is at the NY International Auto show now at the Javits Center.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default TTS at NYIAS

Originally Posted by irenesbob
I understand it is at the NY International Auto show now at the Javits Center.
There is one. Impressive in person.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Went to the Denver Auto Show over the weekend, April 11. Audi did not show the new 2016 TT/TTS, so I was disappointed. Also I visited the Audi dealer in Denverand they said to expect the new TT/TTs in the show rooms in August or September. Pretty much what we already know or heard.

Quick Reply: 2016 TTs at the port?