TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

2016 vs 2017 tts

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 vs 2017 tts

Please correct me if I am wrong. In Canada, the differences between 2016 and 2017 tts is the Audi media interface and the change in color from sepang blue to ara blue. The U.S is probably different.

I am thinking of going with the 2016 version since it is around $1000 cheaper. Suggestions?
Old 07-06-2016, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

As you probably know there's no info Audi's side for the 2017 in Canada yet (I ordered a 2017). On the US version from what I can see it now has power folding mirrors now. I'm hoping the Canadian version has that to. On the order list I have it just says, power and heated mirrors, not power folding mirrors, so I'm not sure.
I know the US also has a Black Optics package, but again doesn't show up on the Canadian order form I got.
They increased the 2017 version by $800 MSRP, which doesn't give you anything extra from what I see (maybe power folding mirrors). And the Nav package increased by $400 MSRP which gives you the Audi Smart Phone Interface.

So a total of $1200 MSRP which depending on the discount you get off the car would be a bit less.

The only reason I went with the 2017 is because I'm going to get it in 2016. So whenever I end up selling it (or trading it in) it's going to be 1 year newer than a 2016.
Although I plan on keeping this car for a very long time.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

I went with the 2016, since I wanted the Sepang. I'm hoping I can just do a software update to get the new media changes. I plan on having my car for 7 years, so I figure when I'm trying to sell it the difference in savings will be a wash. Plus I think it will be more based on the km's and the condition of the vehicle. What put me over the hump was the ability to drive it in the summer (I pick mine up tomorrow).
Old 07-07-2016, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ya the difference between the 2016 and 2017 when you go to sell (I'm planning 10 years for mine), won't be that much. If I had the option for a 2016 off a lot I might have done it also because I would have rathered get a sports car for the summer rather than winter delivery. But the exact one I wanted wasn't available on anyone's lot so I had to order anyways, so I just waited till the 2017s were available to order.

I went with the TTS Glacier White because I like the look of the red tail lights, tinted windows and black parts on it. I put on every option except the 20" wheels. I found the 20" drove very rough when I test drove it. 19" probably will also be rough but hoping just a little better than the 20". I honestly though the expensive magnetic ride would be able to be set a lot more comfortable and smoother.

Have fun with your drive tomorrow

Last edited by Lain; 07-07-2016 at 06:53 AM.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default 2016 Audi TTS

Originally Posted by Nas Toronto
I went with the 2016, since I wanted the Sepang. I'm hoping I can just do a software update to get the new media changes. I plan on having my car for 7 years, so I figure when I'm trying to sell it the difference in savings will be a wash. Plus I think it will be more based on the km's and the condition of the vehicle. What put me over the hump was the ability to drive it in the summer (I pick mine up tomorrow).
Thanks for your opinion on the 2016. I am also planning to keep this vehicle for at least 7 years. Sepang blue looks great as I like a rich darker blue in comparison to the Ara blue.

2016 Audi TTS also stopped production, so my auto broker found a few locally in Canada. I am contemplating between mythos black and sepang blue. Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by topgun77
Thanks for your opinion on the 2016. I am also planning to keep this vehicle for at least 7 years. Sepang blue looks great as I like a rich darker blue in comparison to the Ara blue.

2016 Audi TTS also stopped production, so my auto broker found a few locally in Canada. I am contemplating between mythos black and sepang blue. Any suggestions are welcome.
I also struggled with this decision, I ended up going to 5 dealerships and looking at colour options, 20 vs 19, B&O vs stock, grey interior vs black & TT vs TTS. It was an extensive process but at the end I liked the Sepang on black. My second option would have been Mythos on red. To me the Sepang brought out the most beauty from the car. I would say the Sepang is lil bit more classy and the mythos would be more mean (if that makes any sense).
My other reason was I came from a black and red MINI Cooper S, so I figure it was time for a colour change.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for your suggestions on the colors. Sepang blue does have a bit of a purple tint to it at certain angles, where as mythos black looks a bit more sharp as it has the contrast.

I will certainly test drive the TTS again (2nd time). This time I will test drive it in all three modes (eco-->dynamic) and see the differences in sitffness. I will also take a look at the sepang blue vs. mythos black in person.

Mythos black is nice but you can see spider web scratches easily whereas Sepang blue hides it well.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had my fair share of black cars and each time I would say.."I'm never getting another black car." Black cars looks so amazing when they are new and freshly washed but they lose their lustre over time. I went with Sepang (blue is my favourite colour anyway) and it looks really clean even when it's not. So I'm happy with the choice.

The only blue that I like better is Long Beach Blue offered on the new BMW M2. Wow, I LOVE that blue!!!
Old 07-08-2016, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think you are right. I know that Sepang blue is a very popular color. I wonder if it attracts Bird @#$@.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by topgun77
I think you are right. I know that Sepang blue is a very popular color. I wonder if it attracts Bird @#$@.
LOL! Oh yes, it does. I keep "bird dropping wipes" in the glove box. They work like a charm. (made my Autoglym)

Quick Reply: 2016 vs 2017 tts