TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

2017 Audi TTS is finally here!

Old 09-07-2016, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by f1point0
Thanks for the CarPlay shots and other info. Really looking forward to my ED in October.

Any rear suspension issues?

No problem.

I haven't had any rear suspension issues.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tailwagger
Congrats! Expecting mine to arrive in late November. Question on the carplay stuff. With the A3, I tend to preprogram a lot of destinations via MMI/Google. Was wondering if with carplay, you can open MMI and just reference the destinations directly to start navigation?
I didn't play much with the CarPlay and I deleted the "pairing" because I don't plan to use it until it's wireless.
But I'm in Canada and we don't have Audi Connect (which I believe is how Google maps is accessed). So I can't do anything with Google.
But if your question is can you still access the Audi MMI when CarPlay is connected. The answer is yes. You'll notice the Audi MMI icon on the CarPlay screen.
Also the left/right arrow buttons can move you back and forth. You can see the tabs on the top. Currently on CarPlay. To the left is Audi Maps, then phone, then music, then vehicle info.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

lain, have you been following the thread on the issue with the sport seat plastic trim pieces?
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-...c-bit-2904437/

Wondering if you have had a look to see if yours are all good?
I ask because you have a 2017 and I am hoping new production has this resolved.

I realise it can develop over time but still curious, some owners had their cars held at PDI because their cars were delivered with the issue.

Thanks
Old 09-08-2016, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Can_Quattro
lain, have you been following the thread on the issue with the sport seat plastic trim pieces?
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-...c-bit-2904437/

Wondering if you have had a look to see if yours are all good?
I ask because you have a 2017 and I am hoping new production has this resolved.

I realise it can develop over time but still curious, some owners had their cars held at PDI because their cars were delivered with the issue.

Thanks

I have seen that thread and checked mine and I do not have that problem.
So hopefully it's fixed on the 2017 for good.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

My 2016 TTS is 11 months from manufacture date today and no issues with seats, suspension, ... anything.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lain
I didn't play much with the CarPlay and I deleted the "pairing" because I don't plan to use it until it's wireless.
But I'm in Canada and we don't have Audi Connect (which I believe is how Google maps is accessed). So I can't do anything with Google.
But if your question is can you still access the Audi MMI when CarPlay is connected. The answer is yes. You'll notice the Audi MMI icon on the CarPlay screen.
Also the left/right arrow buttons can move you back and forth. You can see the tabs on the top. Currently on CarPlay. To the left is Audi Maps, then phone, then music, then vehicle info.
Thanks, weird you dont have connect. I guess well see whether its worth anything at all in a few months. All the best!
Old 09-08-2016, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

From what I've read it sounds pretty good. It give you a Google maps overlay and will give you traffic.
Not really that weird. Canada is always slow to get stuff. We don't get the folding mirrors or the tilting parking mirrors either.
But we definitely get the price increases
Old 09-08-2016, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I've read it sounds pretty good. It give you a Google maps overlay and will give you traffic.
Not really that weird. Canada is always slow to get stuff. We don't get the folding mirrors or the tilting parking mirrors either.
That's so stupid of Audi. Seems silly.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Still seems odd to me. Given the model and option lists are dumbed down for North America and the number of cars is limited anyway, if they're trying to save $$$ you'd think outside of the regulatory differences, they'd keep it simple and essentially have a NA model. 'course they'd still charge more in Canada, but only because Canadians live there Nice guys always get screwed, sorry about that.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it a huge deal to buy a US car and register it in Canada? I can't believe that Audi is nickel and diming Canadians like that. So wrong...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 Audi TTS is finally here!