TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

2017 TT or TTS?

Old 10-09-2016, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats USA-RET! You sure did your homework and it sounds like you've found that sweet spot you were craving. Happy Motoring and thanks for looping back to let us know where you landed.

Cheers!
Old 10-09-2016, 11:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. Great forum with some really helpful advice and mature interactions.

I was going to test drive the 230i but got into the M240i first. After the test drive, I found the acceleration to be completely acceptable (not too fast and not too slow) and as a side benefit, I get some of the "M" car bling and lots of the "M" car underpinnings included, which I would have to order w/ the 230i.

Last consideration was my trade was more in line value wise to the M240i than the 230i. Going the 230i would have put the dealer upside down on the trade.

Again, wish the TTS would have met all my expectations. The one I really wanted just wasn't there. i didn't want to add a chip or aftermarket power module on a new $60K auto and risk my warranty in the process.

My Cooper has a Factory JCW tune which covers me on the warranty front and if I want to bump the M240i (which I cannot imagine at this point), Dinan is hand and hand w/ BMW and will cover the car for the 4year/50K miles bumper to bumper.

Again, thanks to everyone who offered opinion and advice. All was much appreciated.

Best Regards
Attached Thumbnails 2017 TT or TTS?-2004-01-14-00.08.05.jpg   2017 TT or TTS?-2004-01-14-00.09.59.jpg  

Last edited by USA-RET; 01-02-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Default 2017 TT or TTS or S5 (or RS5)

Tailwagger and Huey52, and other TT / TTS aficionados...

I started (yes, yet another) thread over in the S5 group to get input on whether to purchase a TTS or S5.

Mostly a question on which car to pick for a fun-but-smooth riding and quiet cab / relatively economical autobahn-ish car. I am leaning towards either a CPO or end of run '17 S5... But my dealer has an interesting TTS.

I enjoyed this thread with USA-RET, but wanted to re-title it "2017 TT or TTS or S5 (or RS5)"

Last edited by BlackOptic; 11-25-2016 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Done. Enjoy the decision process journey; that's half the fun!

Originally Posted by a4avant-ti
Tailwagger and Huey52, and other TT / TTS aficionados...

I started (yes, yet another) thread over in the S5 group to get input on whether to purchase a TTS or S5.

Mostly a question on which car to pick for a fun-but-smooth riding and quiet cab / relatively economical autobahn-ish car. I am leaning towards either a CPO or end of run '17 S5... But my dealer has an interesting TTS.

I enjoyed this thread with USA-RET, but wanted to re-title it "2017 TT or TTS or S5 (or RS5)"
Old 11-25-2016, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In keeping with the TTS's character, when called upon, I respond. And so I have
Old 11-25-2016, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well based on the fleet you listed, it appears you may be keeping the Q7? If so, I would think a sporty TTS would give you a mighty fine Audi combo. Does the new S5 have the virtual cockpit? If not, I would give that TTS a good look for that alone. Also the new design of the 2016/7 TTS vs the older body design of the S...it's pretty special. But then, I'm biased.
Old 11-25-2016, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fun101
Well based on the fleet you listed, it appears you may be keeping the Q7? If so, I would think a sporty TTS would give you a mighty fine Audi combo. Does the new S5 have the virtual cockpit? If not, I would give that TTS a good look for that alone. Also the new design of the 2016/7 TTS vs the older body design of the S...it's pretty special. But then, I'm biased.
Thanks for the input all. I agree I think the TTS keeps getting better with age. (As opposed to the Q7 and A4.) My dealer is expecting the TTS to arrive in the next few days. I hope it is still there next weekend (when I can get there). I am definitely keeping the Q7 for hauling family and/or weekend toys. The '18 S5 would have the virtual cockpit... But I think I'll pass on that new design, and paying for the newest of the new.
Old 11-26-2016, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Came to the same conclusion. Wife tried to talk me out of the TTS for practicality reasons and into new S5 but I'm not crazy about the new design. TTS was a dream to drive in Europe on my ED so very happy with my choice. Will also end up with TTS and Q7 combo as well. You won't be disappointed!
Old 11-26-2016, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by f1point0
Came to the same conclusion. Wife tried to talk me out of the TTS for practicality reasons and into new S5 but I'm not crazy about the new design. TTS was a dream to drive in Europe on my ED so very happy with my choice. Will also end up with TTS and Q7 combo as well. You won't be disappointed!
Sweet...best of both worlds! I need to put ED on my bucket list - whatever car that may be!
Old 12-07-2016, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tailwagger
...when considering the merits of two engines with the same displacement and basic design i.e. long stroke, single turbo, and one produces 50% more power...
Where can I research more about this? With both engines 2.0 litres... The "upgrade" to the TTS makes me wonder if the more powerful engine will just stress the (same?) engine more and be more prone to servicing and long term care issues. Is it a completely different engine? Let's say me or the missus doesn't have a heavy right foot (blasphemy. ...and we drove both cars the same way) will the TTS engine cost more in maintenance? I'll get AudiCare - but I plan to keep this for a while.

(My update...Still awaiting my dealer to receive a TTS for me to test drive ...planned in the next couple of weeks... I've found two potential S5's in the wings at dealers...)

Last edited by BlackOptic; 12-07-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 TT or TTS?