TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

A5 >> TT

Old 04-30-2016, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
As you said, the TT is too new to get an engine upgrade so soon. Look at how late the 3.2 was introduced in the Mk 1 cycle and the Mk 2 engine upgrade in 2011, 4 years into the model cycle. Also, 252 HP in the base would steal some sales from the more profitable TTS.
It is MLB vs MQB.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm considering Mk. 3 TT Roadster vs 981 Boxster (low mileage CPO) and I keep going back and forth. I won't be deciding until late 16 or early 17 so I haven't driven either yet, but I am sure that will definitely influence which way I go. All that said, if it's the TT, Vegas Yellow or possibly Tango Red is the color choice. My MINI Cooper is Pepper White and I want my next care to be something other than Black, White or a shade of grey or silver. If the TTS were to be available as a reasonably priced Roadster, that could tip the scales toward Audi. The A5 isn't a consideration for me - just too big and too heavy. Good luck with your shopping and deciding.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sadly, it's too much to hope that the new GTI Clubsport S engine will ever make its way into a US TT variant.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

The Mk3 TTS handles much better than the Mk2, in my opinion. The extra power is nice, too.
As I said on another thread, the Bang and Olufsen stereo is abysmal.
I also have the car in Silver. Not a color I would normally pick, but it was on the showroom floor and coupled with the red leather interior, it was stunning.
Though I agree, Audi has a lousy color palate to choose from. I was almost thinking of springing for the custom color option (+$4K)
Old 05-01-2016, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbob
The Mk3 TTS handles much better than the Mk2, in my opinion. The extra power is nice, too.
As I said on another thread, the Bang and Olufsen stereo is abysmal.
I also have the car in Silver. Not a color I would normally pick, but it was on the showroom floor and coupled with the red leather interior, it was stunning.
Though I agree, Audi has a lousy color palate to choose from. I was almost thinking of springing for the custom color option (+$4K)
What exactly do you not like about the stereo? In my opinion compared to the mk2 Bose, this one is much better.

Which other colors would you like to see? There is red, blue, and even yellow. Green?
Old 05-01-2016, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 248 Likes on 211 Posts
Default That is the problem

Originally Posted by adg44
What exactly do you not like about the stereo? In my opinion compared to the mk2 Bose, this one is much better.

Which other colors would you like to see? There is red, blue, and even yellow. Green?
There are 7 monochromatic shades from white to black, and one red, one blue, and one yellow. You want some other color options, go to the TTS with yet two more shades of gray and one more blue. I'd like to see a candy apple red and a light steel blue. I was also a big fan of the denim blue offered for a few years on the Mk 1. I'll bet that the TT has the smallest color palette of any Audi model. When I bought my Mk 2, they were offering a volcano red on the TT which I wanted. There were ZERO TTs in volcano red in the entire US and it could no longer be ordered.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

While we are on the subject, there's also the frustration with the interior choices. If I buy a red, blue, or yellow TTS, I get too choose between grey and black leather. No brown leather, no tan leather, can't get the express red etc. Audi is obsessed with black interiors at the best of time but Audi in North America makes it much worse, And Audi Canada is even worse than Audi USA on this matter. With the price point of the TTS those kind of restrictions are rather ridiculous.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

This was a peeve of mine as well. The Mk2 TTS offered a baseball glove stitched brown but not even the TT Palomino offered on the Mk3 TTS.

Originally Posted by Can_Quattro
While we are on the subject, there's also the frustration with the interior choices. If I buy a red, blue, or yellow TTS, I get too choose between grey and black leather. No brown leather, no tan leather, can't get the express red etc. Audi is obsessed with black interiors at the best of time but Audi in North America makes it much worse, And Audi Canada is even worse than Audi USA on this matter. With the price point of the TTS those kind of restrictions are rather ridiculous.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I would love to order a TT with the Murillo Brown seats you can get in the USA and Germany. Maybe it will be a package when the model year flips to 2017. Hello everyone ! First post from Toronto !

Originally Posted by Huey52
This was a peeve of mine as well. The Mk2 TTS offered a baseball glove stitched brown but not even the TT Palomino offered on the Mk3 TTS.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 248 Likes on 211 Posts
Default Agree 1000%

Originally Posted by Can_Quattro
Being a roadster fan and living in the desert, having black seats is like driving in frying pan. I have not owned a convertible with black seats in 30 years. Finding a TT that does not have black or dark gray paint nor a black interior eliminates about 90% of the TTs for sale.

I agree that the Mk 3 interior color choices suck too and why they do not allow certain interiors with certain paint stuns me since it costs them nothing to put any interior into any car. The Audi "fashion police" seem to be clueless and incredibly restrictive. Case in point, the roadster offers an optional Admiral Blue" interior that looks almost identical to the custom interior I have in my Mk 2. Yet it is not offered if you buy blue paint!!!!! It looks stunning in my Scuba Blue Mk 2. IMO it should be offered in almost every TT color. I would not get it with Yellow or red paint, but who cares. If I want it and it is available at the factory, why can't I order it????

If I could order the Mk 1 amber baseball seats on a Mk 3 roadster, I'd probably buy one today. The lack of a TTS roadster nor any compelling colors in the base roadster is letting me keep my perfectly serviceable Mk 2 for a few more years before I spring for a Mk 3.

It would seem that Audi is trying to hold us hostage on paint colors to try to get more of us pay the $4K for custom colors. The fact that sales of factory custom color TTs are so rare tells me the ploy is not working.

Last edited by Vegas-roadster; 05-02-2016 at 02:55 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A5 >> TT