TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Audi Care Select

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Care Select

What's the opinion on the Audi Care Select program? Worth it? Anyone got it (or will be getting it)? If so, what level are you getting?

Audi Service: Repair - Warranty - Care Plus | Audi USA

http://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/a...ned-resize.pdf

I already have the "normal" Audi Care
Old 11-07-2015, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Pass

Originally Posted by visuar
What's the opinion on the Audi Care Select program? Worth it? Anyone got it (or will be getting it)? If so, what level are you getting?

Audi Service: Repair - Warranty - Care Plus | Audi USA

http://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/a...ned-resize.pdf

I already have the "normal" Audi Care
The obvious issue is why buy service that far in advance when you may not keep the car that long? The expiration of the 4/50 warranty is a key milestone for deciding to keep the car. Yeah, the service is transferable to a new owner but you won't get what you paid for it in additional trade/resale value. The only advantage is that it will almost certainly be more expensive to buy it when the time comes.

I bought the normal Audi Care for my Mk 2. Even though I like to do a lot of the simple work myself (filters and plugs, etc) the price of the basic service was about the same as the cost of 10K oil changes and the special services like Haledex bought a la cart, so the basic service was a bargain. (The price was also lower at that time) I just completed the program at 45K miles and asked my service advisor about Select and he said it would be cheaper to just get services a la cart, even more so since I can do the simple services myself.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Not sure this is still the case but it used to be you couldn't buy the extended Audi Care packages until you are past 4 years/45K miles.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the super-duper plan. Don't have to worry about anything for the first 50k miles. For me it was worth it as that i don't like doing ANYTHING myself. Just washing it is a full time job
It is a big profit center for the dealership and there is lots of room to talk them down. Don't take the MSRP on that one for sure. I ended up paying $829 for the premium Audi care plan. i want to say it MSRPs for a couple thousand.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Actually, there is only one Audi Care plan for the 15, 25, 35 and 45K mile (or every 12 months, whichever comes first) scheduled maintenances. (Audi Care Select or Audi Care Plus is for 55K and beyond services). Keep in mind that AC does not cover everything, i.e. windshield wipers, tire rotation/balancing or in between oil changes, etc.

Note that there is very little profit for the dealer with Audi Care - cost is about 90% of retail. They like to sell it because it usually keeps the owner coming back to that dealer for maintenance and hope they can sell other services down the road.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Correct for the US

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Actually, there is only one Audi Care plan for the 15, 25, 35 and 45K mile (or every 12 months, whichever comes first) scheduled maintenances. (Audi Care Select or Audi Care Plus is for 55K and beyond services). Keep in mind that AC does not cover everything, i.e. windshield wipers, tire rotation/balancing or in between oil changes, etc.

Note that there is very little profit for the dealer with Audi Care - cost is about 90% of retail. They like to sell it because it usually keeps the owner coming back to that dealer for maintenance and hope they can sell other services down the road.
There is only one level now for services to 45K and even employees get little, if any, discount because the margin is so small. As I said before, if you just get oil changes at the dealer it would cost you about $400 for all four services, so you are paying about $100 extra per service for all the other stuff, a bargain if you are planning to keep the car to 50k.

You can buy Select for services after 45K at that time and I just discussed this with my Service Advisor after my 45K service last week but decided it was cheaper to buy services a la cart.

I used to do oil changes on all my cars but my TTs with the undercover were just a PIA so I let the dealer do it. Cost is about $70 if you bring your own oil or $100 with a coupon. You still get the fluid checks and safety inspection that you pay for in the 10K service intervals packages. You get the "free" car wash and interior cleaning. You also build a relationship with the service dept which came in handy on my second TT when the valve body on the automatic tranny failed about 2 years after the warranty expired. Whether it was BS or not, they said because I was a loyal customer with documented Audi service, that they got Audi to pay for the majority of the repair which saved me several $k.