TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Audi Connect update?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Connect update?

Europe is getting some cool connect features (for a fee) on a new Q7 and A4:

"Owners of the new Q7 and A4 can use their smartphones to lock and unlock the doors, operate the optional auxiliary heating and view an up-to-date status report of their car. They can also check where the car is currently parked and how long it has been there. The app can now also be operated using an Apple smartwatch."

Source: New Audi connect Services: Secure & Convenient - Fourtitude.com

Really like the ability to see where you car is. Any chance you think this would come to the U.S. and the TT? Anyone heard anything?
Attached Images   
Old 12-17-2015, 06:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by visuar
Europe is getting some cool connect features (for a fee) on a new Q7 and A4:

"Owners of the new Q7 and A4 can use their smartphones to lock and unlock the doors, operate the optional auxiliary heating and view an up-to-date status report of their car. They can also check where the car is currently parked and how long it has been there. The app can now also be operated using an Apple smartwatch."

Source: New Audi connect Services: Secure & Convenient - Fourtitude.com

Really like the ability to see where you car is. Any chance you think this would come to the U.S. and the TT? Anyone heard anything?
The location piece is active, wish the Apple Watch and status check worked. The internet radio is about the dumbest thing ever...
Old 12-17-2015, 08:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I wish, since Google is already part of the system, that it would allow me to sign in with my account and access my Play Music subscription without having to fiddle with my phone. Rhapsody and Napster are there, seems weird that Google Play isn't.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonis
I wish, since Google is already part of the system, that it would allow me to sign in with my account and access my Play Music subscription without having to fiddle with my phone. Rhapsody and Napster are there, seems weird that Google Play isn't.
Google Earth is the only integration AFAIK. Android Auto would sort of do what you want, except that it isn't in TT but it'll be in 2017 Q7. I hope a future update of TT software would bring that...
Old 12-18-2015, 02:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

My salesman recently went to a briefing on the upcoming Q7 refresh and lauds all the new features.

Actually, the Onstar App provides much of the same on my wife's Caddy, but good to see Audi stepping up as well.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

The A4 and Q7 are using a newer Audi connect system than the TT, which is why they have additional functionality. It's not just software but also hardware updates.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

My less than a month old TTS is already antiquated? Say it ain't so. The pace of progress.

Yes, the sales folks were really wowed by the Q7's new features after their demo/training session.

Last edited by Huey52; 12-18-2015 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
My less than a month old TTS is already antiquated? Say it ain't so. The pace of progress.
Therefore: let's boycott MMI,
Remember: A car is just a car

X.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Nah, it will still be excellent, especially encapsulated in your upcoming Vegas Yellow.

Originally Posted by x_man
Therefore: let's boycott MMI,
Remember: A car is just a car

X.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by adg44
It's not just software but also hardware updates.
1) as far as I know they have the exact same hardware inside (minus the extra screen). Please provide a link that shows it's different.

2) Audi kept hyping how easy it is to do software *AND* hardware updates with the new MMI box in the glovebox. So even if #1 is true, they can update that.

3) I'm a software engineer by trade and I'm pretty sure everything being described by the A4 / Q7 could be done thru a software update, as long as you have the full connect package or whatever that was called.

I really really hope Audi keeps their promises and provides updates. I doubt it though. So even if it was possible, I wouldn't expect this to happen. I'll believe it when I see it

Quick Reply: Audi Connect update?