TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Automatic Noise Cancellation - B&O

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Automatic Noise Cancellation - B&O

Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off ANC using VAGCOM in a 16 TTS with B&O? The dealership says the mics for the system are digitally integrated into the amp and physically disconnecting them would cause the system to go into safe mode. Thanks
Old 02-05-2017, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Why would you want this? All you would do is increase road noise into the cabin. Just curious...
Old 02-05-2017, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I wish I never bought the B&O upgrade.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by farmerjones
Why would you want this? All you would do is increase road noise into the cabin. Just curious...

In an example of marvelous engineering Audi made it difficult to upgrade the audio system. I do not necessarily want more road noise in the cabin but if that has to happen to fix this crap system then so be it. It is pathetic that this was the premium audio option for a car this nice.

I understand that some folks on this forum like the B&O and that is great! I think it's trash. I am hoping to get a response from someone who has a tackled the ANC in the TTS.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TTSWV
In an example of marvelous engineering Audi made it difficult to upgrade the audio system. I do not necessarily want more road noise in the cabin but if that has to happen to fix this crap system then so be it. It is pathetic that this was the premium audio option for a car this nice.

I understand that some folks on this forum like the B&O and that is great! I think it's trash. I am hoping to get a response from someone who has a tackled the ANC in the TTS.
I hear you...
I was going to see if my stereo guys could do something with the B&O, but realized it was going to be too hard to disable parts in order to add new parts- as in open a can of worms. And, these guys work on Ferrari's and Lambo's.
I think the only way to defeat the sound system is to totally trash it.
And, I am mightly tempted, but will wait for the mid MK3 upgrade. Hopefully, by then Audi will find a better manufacturer.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Gbob
I hear you...
I was going to see if my stereo guys could do something with the B&O, but realized it was going to be too hard to disable parts in order to add new parts- as in open a can of worms. And, these guys work on Ferrari's and Lambo's.
I think the only way to defeat the sound system is to totally trash it.
And, I am mightly tempted, but will wait for the mid MK3 upgrade. Hopefully, by then Audi will find a better manufacturer.
Yep, same here. The shops I have talked with won't touch it because of the ANC. I seen a post on the other forum where a S6 owner turned it off using VAGCOM. And another person just unplugged the mics at the amp. Dealer told me if they are unplugged the system will go into safe mode. IDK. Going soon to see if it can be turned off. If I have success I will let you know.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

What is wrong with the b&o system?
Old 02-05-2017, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you like it...nothing is wrong with it.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TTSWV
If you like it...nothing is wrong with it.

Sorry, I meant that as a curiosity thing. I've ordered the b&o system on my TT so I'm stuck with it. I am genuinely curious as to why it seems to inspire such a response.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by grey67
Sorry, I meant that as a curiosity thing. I've ordered the b&o system on my TT so I'm stuck with it. I am genuinely curious as to why it seems to inspire such a response.
I'm sorry, didn't realize that. Congratulations on the new car! Most folks seem happy with the audio quality. The subwoofers are located in the doors which limited the size. The small subs struggle with lower frequencies. I do like the accent lighting with the B&O. The interior design is top notch.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the car. The stereo is something I feel needs improved. Should be an easy fix but apparently is not. Enjoy your new ride.

Quick Reply: Automatic Noise Cancellation - B&O