TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Cross shopping the new TTS.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cross shopping the new TTS.

The local dealer just told me that he doesn't expect to see a new 2016 TT model in Denver before mid Sepetmber. I was disappointed. I have been seriously considering this car, but looks like I have to wait until then for a test drive and couldn't get the car I plan order until mid-December at the earliest. I have been cross shopping for something else. Being an older guy I'd prefer real analog instruments to the virtual display, no matter how sexy that may be to some. I also prefer a center dash mounted MMI screen because my wife and I tour together, and when I'm driving she uses the MMI a lot. Also she does not use it at all when she is driving because it is a distraction to her. Even though the TT has lots of positives, these are serious considerations for us. So I'm looking at Porsche Cayman and Jaguar F-Type as possibilities, although they are a step up in price. Recent year used models are also under consideration.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default TT

Originally Posted by mjm3457
The local dealer just told me that he doesn't expect to see a new 2016 TT model in Denver before mid Sepetmber. I was disappointed. I have been seriously considering this car, but looks like I have to wait until then for a test drive and couldn't get the car I plan order until mid-December at the earliest. I have been cross shopping for something else. Being an older guy I'd prefer real analog instruments to the virtual display, no matter how sexy that may be to some. I also prefer a center dash mounted MMI screen because my wife and I tour together, and when I'm driving she uses the MMI a lot. Also she does not use it at all when she is driving because it is a distraction to her. Even though the TT has lots of positives, these are serious considerations for us. So I'm looking at Porsche Cayman and Jaguar F-Type as possibilities, although they are a step up in price. Recent year used models are also under consideration.
Looks like sooner. From Audi USA from yesterday:

"Audi today announced pricing for the all-new 2016 Audi TT model line. The iconic vehicle boasts an exciting new design characterized by the use of innovative technologies and driver-focused performance. The TT will be available in dealerships in July, 2015."

If you ordered on Monday you should have it late July early August. I realize that you will not be able to test drive it though and for some that is an issue.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Maybe

Originally Posted by ocean1

"Audi today announced pricing for the all-new 2016 Audi TT model line. The iconic vehicle boasts an exciting new design characterized by the use of innovative technologies and driver-focused performance. The TT will be available in dealerships in July, 2015."

If you ordered on Monday you should have it late July early August. I realize that you will not be able to test drive it though and for some that is an issue.
The Audi announcement does not specifically state which models will be delivered in July. My dealer has told me that while the base TT coupe and roadster will be delivered this summer, he said the TTS would be delayed a few months which is consistent with MJM's post. Detailed price and configuration data is supposed to be released to the dealers this Monday. So I would inquire about delivery dates again on Monday.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Late July for TT and September for TT-S:

"The redesigned 2016 Audi TT coupe and convertible will arrive at U.S. Audi dealerships in late July, followed by the 2016 Audi TTS coupe in September, Audi of America said on Wednesday."

Feel same about lack of center MMI screen but although not ideal, supposedly as a passenger you can still see the screen and you can operate it using center ****. Would have to try that in person how well that works.

Not sure what competition really is for TT. Both F type and Cayman are bit more expensive and the TT is AWD. Perhaps the A5/S5 Coupe could be seen as competition but I'd wait for the redesign next year.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ocean1

True, and that might be a path for some. But I would never buy a car I did not have a chance to test drive first. Usually I test drive a car twice, a week or two between tests. I take an hour or more with the car each time and try it in different driving situations, and then confirm and follow up on questions or uncertanties in the second test drive.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
Detailed price and configuration data is supposed to be released to the dealers this Monday. So I would inquire about delivery dates again on Monday.
Thanks Vegas. I'll be looking for it.
Old 05-09-2015, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mjm3457
True, and that might be a path for some. But I would never buy a car I did not have a chance to test drive first. Usually I test drive a car twice, a week or two between tests. I take an hour or more with the car each time and try it in different driving situations, and then confirm and follow up on questions or uncertanties in the second test drive.
I respect that and under normal circumstances I would do the same but I am hoping for delivery in August to replace my S4 which means I need to order ASAP. Also, I was never able to find even the current TTS at my dealer for a test drive. Does your dealer expect to have one that you can drive when they arrive? It was always easier to test A4, S4, A5, Q5 as they are so readily available.
Old 05-09-2015, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Lucien4

"The redesigned 2016 Audi TT coupe and convertible will arrive at U.S. Audi dealerships in late July, followed by the 2016 Audi TTS coupe in September, Audi of America said on Wednesday."

Feel same about lack of center MMI screen but although not ideal, supposedly as a passenger you can still see the screen and you can operate it using center ****. Would have to try that in person how well that works.

Not sure what competition really is for TT. Both F type and Cayman are bit more expensive and the TT is AWD. Perhaps the A5/S5 Coupe could be seen as competition but I'd wait for the redesign next year.
I would take September delivery as that would still work for me. Frustrating that there would be a lag but it is what it is.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Lucien4

New member here. Not that I doubt the validity of the September TTS deliveries, but where did that quote come from?

The AudiUSA website news bulletin states the TT will be available in dealerships in July, with no mention of the TTS as a break out model. Google search for September TTS release date reveals only Edmunds website stating as such, and it is claiming it received the info from Audi of America.

Here is the Audi link, doing a search for "September" comes up blank.

Audi announces pricing for the all-new TT model line | Audi USA

So where did the statement above which is in quotes, come from?

FYI, my dealership will not take deposits for it yet but my name is on the waiting list for being called once they have all their info straightened out.
Old 05-10-2015, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not to be heretical...

… but don't forget that the TTS, S3 and VW-R ride on the same chassis and have essentially identical performance specifications. The new R is a hoot, and I have included a shot of my old beloved R32 from a bygone era. All are a great choice.

Happy Motoring

Eric
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Cross shopping the new TTS.