TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Day 4.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Day 4.

Checking in.

Here are the impressions on day 4.

1. There is still a bunch of stuff about the MMI I need to learn. Twitter, Feeds etc.... all that stuff... kinda hard to get to..... hoping you can add to menu... if not I am not going to bother learning it.

2. Did you know that there is a 10GB Juxebox! I did not know this. So ontop of the CD, 2 SDs, 2 USB ports ... you also get a 10GB Juxebox! CRAZY!

3. 3M Paint Protection. I know lots of you love your XPEL.... but I gotta tell you, when i saw my car for the first time today after paint protection went on..... i actually thought, what? they did not put it on yet... wtf? there are NO seems. The only seems are on the door for door edge guards. covered my entire front bumper all the way around the entire front wheel well, plus the entire hood. Best paint protection film I have ever used PERIOD. Great installer!

4. Car is just awesome. I know the TTS is faster, but this little car TAKES OFF! its a joy to drive.

tommorow.... I fill gas for the first time without a gas cap! woo hoo!
Old 08-04-2015, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

...oh one more thing. On the driver side under the seat is a little shelf for your manuals..... nice touch Audi!
Old 08-04-2015, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dsleedesign
On the driver side under the seat is a little shelf for your manuals.
There should also be a storage box under the passenger seat - at least there's one documented to be there on the European versions.

Question: is the current gear number displayed in the center of the tach when the DSG is in D or S mode? It appears to be there on YouTube videos, but was only displayed in M mode on the coupe I test drove this morning. I suppose it might be configurable...
Old 08-04-2015, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

No storage under passenger seat... but in the UK the passenger seat is our drivers seat

I think it is.... never checked on the display... i will try it out tommorow morning..... I doubt is configurable..... its not nearly as configurable as you might think.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

its not nearly as configurable as you might think.
I wonder if vag-com opens up more options? I suspect the dealer wouldn't appreciate my laptop being plugged into one of their cars...
Old 08-04-2015, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by n828cl
There should also be a storage box under the passenger seat - at least there's one documented to be there on the European versions.

Question: is the current gear number displayed in the center of the tach when the DSG is in D or S mode? It appears to be there on YouTube videos, but was only displayed in M mode on the coupe I test drove this morning. I suppose it might be configurable...
No gear number when in D or S, only manual mode. It is like this for all Audi models in the U.S.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

2. Did you know that there is a 10GB Juxebox! I did not know this. So ontop of the CD, 2 SDs, 2 USB ports ... you also get a 10GB Juxebox! CRAZY!
Good to know! I knew it was in the A3, but hadn't heard anything about the TT. Guess I won't need the 2x 128GB SD cards I got... oh well.

Apparently it also plays FLAC now which'll be awesome (yeah yeah, you can't hear the difference in the car, but at least I don't need to convert parts of my library)
Old 08-05-2015, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by adg44
No gear number when in D or S, only manual mode. It is like this for all Audi models in the U.S.
On my A6 I had the dealer do whatever they did to make the gears show on the display in both D and S. Funny thing is though, when the transmission is in S, it shows the speed (S1, etc.) with the letter D under the S.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

My mk2 had gear displayed in DSG D and S mode. I kind of miss it in mk3. A bit surprised that some features listed in the manual are not installed, such as air inflated seat bolsters.

I am extremely disappointed that Paint protection templates are not yet available. Rubber mats are not in the catalog either.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had my paint protection done and they did not use a template.... LOOKS AMAZING. NO SEEMS NONE ZIP.

As for mats.... $69 orderable through the dealer... I should have them next week. But I dont want them as I really want the weathertech floorliners.