TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

European Delivery - done

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 10:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default European Delivery - done

Picked up the TTS at Ingolstadt yesterday, saw the museum, had lunch, and drove to Venice. (Had to skip the factory tour due to time constraints.) Somewhat apprehensive about going over the Brenner Pass at 34 F and snowing on S001s, but it wasn't a problem. Audi had completed all the paperwork beforehand, so all it took was a couple of signatures followed by a half-hour of basic training. Really, really need to read the book... should have time during the next 2500 km before Paris.
Attached Images  
Old 10-16-2015, 01:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! Sounds like a great way to take delivery. Does taking Euro delivery do much to change the cost of the car?
Old 10-16-2015, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jermarTT
Does taking Euro delivery do much to change the cost of the car?
The package gives you 5% off MSRP plus one night in a four-star hotel (including breakfast), transport to the hotel and Audi Forum (in an A8L W12 for us), personalized delivery, factory tour (in English), museum, and meals at the Forum. You have to figure out how to get to Munich and then back home from one of the 17 drop-off locations.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Fantastic! Beautiful car! I trust everything went well
Old 10-16-2015, 11:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by visuar
Fantastic! Beautiful car!
Thanks. I liked how the yellow looked with the aluminized exterior bits better than the red or blue. Interesting how the other people picking up mostly gray or silver cars at the Forum stopped to look at the brightest one on the floor...

I trust everything went well
Indeed. Other than missing the factory tour, the only other (mild) annoyance was some noisy arrivals at the NH Hotel between 02:30 and 04:00. No idea what was going on with them.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Euro Delivery - done and dusted

We made it back to MN after the three weeks, but are still recovering from the jet lag. Drove a little over 3300 km; the itinerary was: Munich - Ingolstadt - Brenner Pass - Venice - Ravenna - Rome - Florence - Pisa - La Spezia - Cinque Terre - Aix-en-Provence - Pont-du-Gard - Carcassonne - Montauban - Chartres - Giverny - Le Thillay - CDG. I would not recommend driving in Rome - it's bloody insane; we left the car in an underground garage for five days while there. All the lodging was good, with a special recommendation for Le Clos de Saint Amour in Montauban (farm turned into B&B). Food was almost always wonderful, especially the gelato in Riomaggiore.

A few pictures...

Attracting a bit of interest on the floor of the Forum.

Gray, black, gray, silver, red, white ... screaming yellow zonkers.

Parking away from everybody else at the Forum.

On the Autobahn near Brenner Pass.

Outside Chartres Cathedral, trying to find the hotel.

Car wash near CDG.

At the drop-off, in the fog.

The BLG web site still shows the car to be in Paris, but they don't update the site reliably. Just hoping for a Christmas delivery.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Fantastic Color! Fantastic Car! Congratulations!
Old 11-22-2015, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sthree21
Fantastic Color! Fantastic Car! Congratulations!
Thanks. Now waiting on the Kentucky Highway to arrive at Houston. Supposed to be there on 7 December, so I hope to have the car for Christmas vacation.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great post and beautiful car! Just placed my European delivery TTS order, and I'm hoping it will be possible to pick it up in early October. Dealership spoke to Audi and they said it's definitely possible. Fingers crossed.

I have a few questions...

1. How much time did it take from when you placed your order till you were given a date to pick up the car?

2. I really want to take the car on the autobahn and nurburgring, but there's the break-in period. Did they say anything about this during basic training?

3. Any other ED tips that you can think of would be great too!

Thanks
Old 07-12-2016, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, what a great delivery experience! When I picked up my TTS in May, I specifically asked about the break in period and he said the S models are tested extensively and there's no need to worry about it. He said that the only concern would be red-lining the engine BUT he said with a dual clutch automatic, even if you are in "manual" mode the car will override you and shift anyway. So I think you have the liberty to enjoy! Please post a follow up afterwards

Quick Reply: European Delivery - done