TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Former 2010 S4 & Loving the 2016 TTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Former 2010 S4 & Loving the 2016 TTS

Old 07-18-2016, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 329 Likes on 278 Posts

Nice pictures!!! Did that door puddle come with the car or it's aftermarket?
Old 07-18-2016, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kelisko
Nice pictures!!! Did that door puddle come with the car or it's aftermarket?
(Aftermarket from Amazon.) It came with OEM ones that said quattro and they were terrible. I asked for OEM 4-rings replacement and Audi Parts quoted me $180. Started looking after that and found the puddle lights on Amazon $40

Last edited by Reds4Phil; 07-18-2016 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome....but does the standard TT come with puddle lights?.....I didn't notice it on mine?
Old 07-18-2016, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by i3adSaab
awesome....but does the standard TT come with puddle lights?.....I didn't notice it on mine?
It is an option $250. I bought my car off the floor and the OEM puddle lights were already on the car. They are a port installed option (RINGS or Quattro) IMHO go aftermarket, They installed in less than 5-minutes.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Reds4Phil
It is an option $250. I bought my car off the floor and the OEM puddle lights were already on the car. They are a port installed option (RINGS or Quattro) IMHO go aftermarket, They installed in less than 5-minutes.
Can you give me the Amazon link please? I checked and they didn't have any that fit a 2016 TT, but I assume they just haven't updated?
Old 07-18-2016, 07:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Reds4Phil,

I see you have battery chargers on each car in your garage. With the amount of electronics/computing power, etc. in the TTS I wonder about leaving it alone for several weeks and what kind of battery drain might occur. I know that the TTS is designed to gradually lower it's own power consumption over time while not in use, but still...?

I've never used a battery charger/maintainer like that before. Looks like it's the NOCO Genius type brand you have. Could you please explain a bit about how/why/when you use it, your experience with that brand, etc?

Thanks in advance!
Windy1138
Old 07-19-2016, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Windy1138
Hi Reds4Phil,

I see you have battery chargers on each car in your garage. With the amount of electronics/computing power, etc. in the TTS I wonder about leaving it alone for several weeks and what kind of battery drain might occur. I know that the TTS is designed to gradually lower it's own power consumption over time while not in use, but still...?

I've never used a battery charger/maintainer like that before. Looks like it's the NOCO Genius type brand you have. Could you please explain a bit about how/why/when you use it, your experience with that brand, etc?

Thanks in advance!
Windy1138
If you are going to leave your car parked for weeks at a time, it isn't a bad idea to get a battery tender so your battery remains fully charged. This will help with the longetivity of your battery, and poses no harm. I've always used one on my secondary cars, and on my motorcycle.

But if you drive your car every week or so, it isn't really necessary.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by i3adSaab
Can you give me the Amazon link please? I checked and they didn't have any that fit a 2016 TT, but I assume they just haven't updated?
I contacted the company and they sent me adapter wires at no charge:
Link: https://www.amazon.com/RaThun-Drilli...JYMBJ5BC808QY3
Old 07-19-2016, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Windy1138
Hi Reds4Phil,

Thanks in advance!
Windy1138
I now have three of these chargers they are perfect and high tech.
My Audi Service Dept. said that if you leave your car more than a couple weeks it is advisable to keep the battery charged mainly to keep the life of the battery optimized.
Link for the chargers I use: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quick Reply: Former 2010 S4 & Loving the 2016 TTS