TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Goodbye TTS (Repurchase Complete)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodbye TTS (Repurchase Complete)

I haven't frequented the forums much lately, but for those of you who recall, my TTS had consistent MMI/Navigation stability problems despite multiple repair attempts. Though it was far from easy, I secured a repurchase agreement from Audi; I recently turned the car over to Audi, and it feels great for the saga to be over. My car's parting shot: I drove in 40 minutes of medium heavy traffic to turn the car in, and the traffic data didn't work from the moment I left home to the time I arrived at the dealer. Awesome... At least the screen didn't go entirely black today (that's happened a few times, gauges and all).

Thanks to some of the folks on this forum who provided support behind the scenes -- I hope none of you experience the kind of issues and **** poor customer support with your Audis that I did with mine.

Last edited by SimianSpeedster; 10-20-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Sorry it had to end this way.
Though, I wish you could have exchanged the car for a new TTS.
I can understand your frustration with the whole ordeal, but I think you would have liked the car, had it worked properly.
Thanks for posting the update. Was Audi accommodating in the repurchase?
Old 10-21-2016, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SimianSpeedster
I hope none of you experience the kind of issues and **** poor customer support with your Audis that I did with mine.
Sorry to hear about your woes. With a TTS on order, it does give me pause. Not so much for questioning the cars general reliability but for reminding me that I've had a rather checked past with Audis, none of which, at least those I owned earlier in this century, worked out very well. It took ten years, a few friends who loved theirs, a GTI and R, before I had softened enough to give the brand another try and wound up with a '15 TDI. While that car has run flawlessly (sans apparently elevated NOx levels) and, outside of the craptastic steering, performed its duties admirably, the irony is not lost on me that yet again fate intervened to make the Audi ownership experience significantly less than satisfying. The trouble in my case is that I'm convinced that the TTS is a unique product and one for which I am precisely suited. Your story and my personal history coupled with the fact that I have been uniformly unimpressed with my local dealerships when it comes to customer satisfaction does wind up sending a bit of a shiver up the spine. I guess we'll see. Regardless, here's hoping wherever you go next will be more enjoyable and less stressful.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

I won't go into the gory details because I'm glad for the ordeal to be over, but I certainly would have considered another TTS or even a different model Audi had 1) the customer experience not been so terrible, and had 2) I not learned about how the virtual cockpit sausage is really made -- suffice to say Audi is rolling out complicated software without the proper processes and knowledge in place to support it, and I can't imagine what the ownership experience will be for virtual cockpit equipped cars in a few years.

Any car can have issues, and even assuming the issues I experienced were isolated (I have strong reasons to believe they are not), the question is simply: will the company stand behind me and work with me to address the issues? Audi played defense almost from Day 1, and they seemed more concerned with trying to disprove the issues than address them. I had to strong arm them into acknowledging the issues and the fact they they had no fix. That might explain all the unanswered calls and emails while they hunkered in their bunker hoping things would magically go away.

Frankly, I think VWoA is under siege with all the dieselgate issues, and it's affecting their ability to manage customer service issues across the board. Again, I sincerely hope none of you have serious issues with your cars, because my experience strongly suggests that Audi won't be there if you need them. That, more than anything, is why I'm done with the brand.

Last edited by SimianSpeedster; 10-21-2016 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

What will replace your TT?
Old 10-24-2016, 05:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SimianSpeedster

Any car can have issues, and even assuming the issues I experienced were isolated (I have strong reasons to believe they are not), the question is simply: will the company stand behind me and work with me to address the issues?

Audi played defense almost from Day 1, and they seemed more concerned with trying to disprove the issues than address them. I had to strong arm them into acknowledging the issues and the fact they they had no fix. That might explain all the unanswered calls and emails while they hunkered in their bunker hoping things would magically go away.
You are spot on with "any car can have issues". Unfortunately when those problems fall into the electrical side, they can be nearly impossible to trace and fix.

Friends with different cars have had experience with electronics and it seems the more the dealership digs into them , the more new problems seem to arise out of their intrusion.

The second part of your paragraph is most troubling. Generally most dealerships will bend over backwards to resolve issues. Some others will take the stance your Audi dealer did. Fortunately they are the exception and not the rule.

Honestly cannot speak to the issue if all Audi dealerships are given marching orders from corporate to take the stance your dealership did. W/ what VW did, it does beg to question the ethics that company has.

However, regardless of the manufacturer, when it comes to a buy-back or lemon law litigation, they are all pretty tough to deal with unless you go in with an attorney that has done this thing before.

Regardless, glad to hear you issue was resolved to your satisfaction. I certainly understand you feelings and desire to not have dealings with Audi again. I had a similar experience with Honda, and would not buy one of their products again even at 1/2 price.

A shame more companies don't realize that treating their customer fairly will create much good will for future sales and the positive message spread by one happy customer to others.