TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

HATE my seats...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 10:55 AM
tah
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HATE my seats...

Just got a 2017 TTS last week, every available option including Nappa leather so you know what seats I have. First few drives were fine then I spent a little time in the seats.

After about an hour and a half. these things absolutely KILL my back. I think it's because the backs are straight as a board.

Traded in a 2014 Carrera S and the seats in it by comparison were great!

Never had seats this uncomfortable in Porsche, BMW, Lexus, Toyota...or anything else I've owned.

Is it just me? Am I crazy?

I've tried several adjustments and they don't seem to help. Going to try a thin (2") lumbar pad......
Old 01-06-2017, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

I absolutely love my 2017 TTS seats.

Since you got every option you should have the pneumatic lumbar in the seats (along with pneumatic side bolsters).
I find the lumbar pushes out really far and you can move it up and down the back of the seat quite a bit.
Does it not work well for you?

Also, I love the heat rests, so many 2 piece heat rests feel like they are pushing you heat forward and give me neck pain after a couple hours but the TTS headrest is perfect for me.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IDK tah. Overall I am pleased with the adjustability and comfort of the seats. We took it to Florida earlier this year (11 hours each way) with no complaints.

My wife drives a Macan with 18 way adjustable seats, the Audi is just as comfortable for me. I traded a C7 Corvette and the Audi has it beat hands down. I do miss the seat ventilation.

Hope it gets better for ya.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:15 AM
tah
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Lain
I absolutely love my 2017 TTS seats.

Since you got every option you should have the pneumatic lumbar in the seats (along with pneumatic side bolsters).
I find the lumbar pushes out really far and you can move it up and down the back of the seat quite a bit.
Does it not work well for you?

Also, I love the heat rests, so many 2 piece heat rests feel like they are pushing you heat forward and give me neck pain after a couple hours but the TTS headrest is perfect for me.
I find it pushes out but not very far.

As for the adjustment it doesn't seem to go above the pelvic area....

When you look at the back of the seats they are straight as a board.

NONE of my other vehicles look like this. They all have somewhat of a outward curve to them.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tah
I find it pushes out but not very far.

As for the adjustment it doesn't seem to go above the pelvic area....

When you look at the back of the seats they are straight as a board.

NONE of my other vehicles look like this. They all have somewhat of a outward curve to them.
hmm, I'll have to check how high mine goes. I thought it went up to a pretty good high. But they are pretty flat seats, I just find them very comfortable.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Seats are of course a very subjective item (seat of the beholder?). The sport seats in my A5 were not very comfortable so I can empathize. However I find the TTS seats quite comfortable. I like the periodic-auto movement of the lumbar support and the form fitting pneumatic bolsters in particular, both adjustable. Also the integral headrest is not intrusive as in some sport seats these days. Perhaps your adjustment motors aren't working properly?
Old 01-06-2017, 11:43 AM
tah
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
periodic-auto movement of the lumbar support
What?
Old 01-06-2017, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. Read a older thread Side Bolster Ghosts.

Still seems strange but my seat will adjust automatically. Did anyone find any literature on this feature? My dealer said it should not do that.

Last edited by TTSWV; 01-06-2017 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Wrong info
Old 01-06-2017, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Count me in the happy camp on this subject. But as Huey52 mentioned, there are are a lot different body shapes and sizes. I do wish they sat a little lower, but otherwise I do find the range of motion, adjustability in relation to the wheel to be quite well executed.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another positive vote for the TTS nappa seats. Love them. BTW, I'm also experiencing phantom lumbar adjustments. Huey52, are you saying that's a feature or was that sarcasm

Quick Reply: HATE my seats...