TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

I now own a Red TT MK3 Roadster.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Beautiful cars - love either color although I'm partial to greys or silver. Color is just completely subjective - gotta get what you love. Now if they only made the car with a manual trans....
Well, they do make it in manual, we just don't get it here in the US...*sigh*
Old 08-05-2015, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ShooTTer McGavin
If and when they do import a TT-S or TTRS into the states with a stick, I would consider it. That Jaguar F-type is just a beautiful car. The 3.8 V6 S version is a great car.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Phil G.
If and when they do import a TT-S or TTRS into the states with a stick, I would consider it. That Jaguar F-type is just a beautiful car. The 3.8 V6 S version is a great car.
There is no 2016 Jaguar F-Type, 3.8 V6 S, but there is a V6S with a 3.0 liter, 380 HP engine. Beautiful car? Agreed. I have one on order.

As for first delivery of a TT in the US, I visited an Audi dealer in Denver on Tuesday. They received 3 TT's on 7/31. They delivered one as a sold order over the weekend, sold one off the floor on Monday, and still had a white one in prep, but not yet sold.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mjm3457
There is no 2016 Jaguar F-Type, 3.8 V6 S, but there is a V6S with a 3.0 liter, 380 HP engine. Beautiful car? Agreed. I have one on order.

As for first delivery of a TT in the US, I visited an Audi dealer in Denver on Tuesday. They received 3 TT's on 7/31. They delivered one as a sold order over the weekend, sold one off the floor on Monday, and still had a white one in prep, but not yet sold.
You are correct. I'd be interested to hear what you ordered and how close to invoice you were able to get on the F-type. If you could PM me with some details that would be great. I had a perfect '65 e-type coupe that I showed years ago - won many awards and car scored 99.96 JCNA. Sold it for peanuts - now worth north of $250K. Oh, well. Really didn't want a garage queen which is what it was. But that F-type.....
Old 08-06-2015, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by ShooTTer McGavin
There is no TT 2.0T quattro worldwide. Only 2.0T FWD and TDI FWD. There is a TTS that comes with a manual, but considering most people would take the faster S tronic version, I can understand why this wasn't offered.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by adg44
There is no TT 2.0T quattro worldwide. Only 2.0T FWD and TDI FWD. There is a TTS that comes with a manual, but considering most people would take the faster S tronic version, I can understand why this wasn't offered.
I agree - there is little demand for manual transmission cars in the US. Younger drivers have grown up with automatics and have little interest in learning to drive them. Hell, you can't even by a 911 or any new Ferrari with a stick! As for me, it's a deal breaker. I've owned many Audis, BMWs and a 2004 Porsche, none of which had automatics, starting with my 1968 GTO convertible. (The BMW in my sig is my wife's car ). That's why I'm seriously looking at an F-type Jaguar - one of the few sports cars left (MX-5 Miata, Boxster, Cayman) that still offers a manual transmission. Although the new automatics are clearly faster shifting cars than humans can, there's something more involving in rowing through the gears. Yeah, I'm becoming a dinosaur.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought the gray one. I've had mine "on order" for over a month -- it hasn't even started production yet -- and it wouldn't have arrived until sometime in late October, assuming everything went as planned. I figured this was the only way to enjoy an extra season of top-down driving. And, every time I looked at this car, I liked it more and more. My wife says she likes the Nano Gray better than the color (Ibis White) we had initially wanted on the new build.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Barmats
I bought the gray one. I've had mine "on order" for over a month -- it hasn't even started production yet -- and it wouldn't have arrived until sometime in late October, assuming everything went as planned. I figured this was the only way to enjoy an extra season of top-down driving. And, every time I looked at this car, I liked it more and more. My wife says she likes the Nano Gray better than the color (Ibis White) we had initially wanted on the new build.
Congrats B, you'll love it!